News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What's your fav pokemon? (not game, actual pokemon)

Started by PseudoMario16, June 15, 2009, 02:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 17, 2009, 10:12:07 AMThis guy has some quite cool drawings. I think that if Pokémon change appearance when they grow, this is what they'll look like at lvl 100:

http://pokemon-fr.deviantart.com/gallery/#Pokedexs

Well, some of them are a little overdone, look at Feraligatr for example (It's meant to be a croc, it needs a bigger head than that, same goes for Aggron), and some look more like humans than the creatures they are meant to resemble, but I like his Pidgeot, Fearow and Empoleon in particular. The others... mixed bag.

That Pidgeot is badass.

Sir Awesomesauce

You should read my post, it's probably above this.

jake3343

ALPRAS

I left Pokemon a long time ago. But i can say that my favorite pokemon is the classic Charizard :P

dahans

It's interesting: The most favourite pokemons are those from Gen I. *surprise, surprise*
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

GreekGeek

Quote from: dahans on June 20, 2009, 02:58:34 AMIt's interesting: The most favourite pokemons are those from Gen I. *surprise, surprise*
Not really, combination of originality and nostalgia...

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Sir Awesomesauce

I never even got a Gengar until Gen IV. Freaking trade evolutions... But when I did, it was awesome!
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

SuperFireKirby

Not in terms of power, I prefer Haunter over Gengar. Haunter is just plain beast.
vs.
Though Gengar does kind of remind me of the cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Cobraroll

^But you have to admit, there are gems in later generations as well, they're just spaced further apart in each generation. From Gen. II, I think we can safely say that Tyranitar made it into the "awesome"-category quite easily. Scizor also got a place in many people's hearts, as did Feraligatr and Heracross. Overall, the Gen. II Pokémon aren't too bad.

Gen III, you have to remember that Hoenn is a tropical place, mostly covered in jungle and forests. The Pokémon are adapted to that, with brighter (and more) colours. Metagross and Salamence are both nice here, and I like Swampert for some reason. Still, quite a few Pokémon shine through as horrible designing examples.

Gen IV, that's when the designers' laziness took over completely. Weavile is one of the few saving graces here. Porygon Z is, if not that original, also quite cool. It also saved many Pokémon from being obscure and useless forever, like Gligar, Yanma and Togetic.

Gen V better not be an aestethical nightmare. If we get more evolutions like the terrible Magmortar, then I'll....
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 21, 2009, 02:01:21 AM\
Gen IV, that's when the designers' laziness took over completely. Weavile is one of the few saving graces here. Porygon Z is, if not that original, also quite cool. It also saved many Pokémon from being obscure and useless forever, like Gligar, Yanma and Togetic.

Torterra?

SuperFireKirby

My favorite lengendary Pokemon has got to be Zapados.

Man that's big.

mantis985

Gen I-Nidoking or Kadabra  ;D

Gen II-Typhosion   :-*

Gen III-Grovyle :)

Gen IV-...I played diamond for about 7 minutes...so I really dont know.  :-\