News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Uh... Yeah I'm new to this and don't know the rules so...

Started by franklopez1121, June 16, 2009, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklopez1121

Would be able to use the arrangement by the original maker person if I credit him?
The song I would like to put up here is from a book and I was wondering if I am required to re-arrange it or anything like that. Personally I don't mind re-doing and messing around with the song a bit, but I think almost anybody would like the original since it sounds very awesome.
The song(s) I would like to put up are from the Final Fantasy Piano Collections books.
(By the way, Eternal Harvest from FFXI is a very hard song to play... I learned it... My god its terribly tiring :/)
I love penguins :]

GreekGeek

Welcome to this site =)

I don't know the exact rules for this kind of uploading, but I think it's illegal to do so. But, I think no one knows the exact rules, so you'll have to ask JaMaHa, another mod or people who know a lot about this site like Gamer e.g.

franklopez1121

Thank you for welcoming me :D

So I should ask one of the site peoples?
How do I contact them? Or.. him... She... I'm not sure who they are sorry :/

GreekGeek

You're welcome.

How to send a PM (personal message): Click Members next to home=>help=>search etc. => members in the toolbar. Search for JaMaHa, Brassman, Gamer, Concerto or HugoMeister. When you've found them, click their name, which will open their profile. There you can click the option "Send member a personal message". Here you can send a kind of e-mail thingy and contact them.

Very simple.

Jamaha

Or you can wait for him to reply to this topic.

Also no, your own works only.

KefkaticFanatic

If you want access to stuff from a book, go somewhere like squaresound or something.  This site is for user created arrangements only, ones that are not under copyright protection.  Well they technically are, but the arrangements themselves are not.

me irl
[close]

franklopez1121

SirIngusBingus

Yes, but you can't just copy anything out of the book. Be careful; we're not looking to get into legal trouble.

GreekGeek

Quote from: JaMaHa on June 16, 2009, 10:56:54 AMOr you can wait for him to reply to this topic.

Also no, your own works only.
True, but sometimes that takes a while.

franklopez1121

Hm... Okay. I'll just do everything by ear. It is fine to refer back to the music though, right? I'll just do that to make sure there is no copying. I tend to get carried  away so... yeah.... ha-ha.

SirIngusBingus

franklopez1121

GreekGeek

We've known people that were a bother *ahum ZIN ahum* so it's totally OK.

Jamaha

SirIngusBingus

That's okay; you can have a break from 12:00-2:00 each day if you want.