MaestroUGC's Compositions *In Progress - Symphony No. 2 in D minor - Mvt. I-IV*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 23, 2009, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

If this is a dungeon in a game, it will definitely drive people insane. I like the creepiness and the insanity of it, but I do agree that it needs some kind of main melody that doesn't drive you insane and kinda calms you down, I guess, to break the insanity at points. Otherwise, this is pretty cool!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

In all complete honesty and candor, it feels like someone's messing with radio knobs the whole time.
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

That was the aim. It was largely inspired by Revolution #9, and it probably won't be last last time I make a sound collage. This was mostly an effort of thinking less horizontally about music.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

A sound collage still should serve a purpose. Unless your purpose was to give me a migraine, I'm sorry to say that it didn't happen.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Well if it's just going to be background noise while something else is happening, something like this could work. On its own though, I 100% agree.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Oronoco

Oh, wow! I think it's incredible. I'm caught between leaning in and searching for stability and sitting back and letting the overlapping sounds flood my ears.

I'd definitely enjoy it if you shared more. I don't get to hear enough new music during the summer.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

MaestroUGC

MaestroUGC

WARNING - OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK
It is recommended that you save and close any open files in Finale before attempting to open this, in fact it would be prudent to also restart Finale as well.

Act I - MUS
Act I - MUSX
https://soundcloud.com/maestroz-1/act-i

Originally conceived for the Arrangement Contest No. 8. Vocal parts to be added later. Acts II and III to be completed later.

AmpharosAndy

Listening to factory all I can hear is:

Wor-KING-Wor-KING-Wor-KING-Wor-KING XD
You've created a brilliant factory atmosphere. Are the snare rolls supposed to represent drills? If not, it works anyway ;)

My question, as it's rather long: does the music restart from the beginning every time you die in the game? If you suck at the game might you not hear the rest of the track?
innit

MaestroUGC

It is on the long side, but since this doesn't have a proper home I went for mood over practicality. If I had my way, this would be a level of timing and patience rather than one of speed and dexterity.

MaestroUGC

MaestroUGC

So it's been a while since I posted here, but that's mostly because I try to avoid posting incomplete works. I have a few projects I'm working on that'll need more time still to complete them properly, but here they are for you to listen to.

Symphony No. 2 in D minor, "Grief"
https://soundcloud.com/maestroz-1/sets/symphony-no-2-in-d-minor-grief

This symphony is a monster but the first four movements are essentially complete, pending any additional revisions following the completion of the finale.

Mega Man 1 "Ending" for String Quartet
https://soundcloud.com/maestroz-1/mm1-ending-quartet

This is an arrangement of the Mega Man 1 "Ending" I made for string quartet. Nothing particularly extraordinary about it, but something I wrote to complete a set for an ensemble I'm working with.

Solstice, A Symphonic Poem
https://soundcloud.com/maestroz-1/solstice

"Solstice" is a revision of an earlier work of mine called "Apollo". I reduced the orchestration and otherwise slimmed up the work, but no major changes were made to the core music. Each section is meant to evoke a different mood for each part of the day that passes.

The Midnight Suite for Strings, Mvts 1,2 and 4
https://soundcloud.com/maestroz-1/sets/the-midnight-suite

The general idea behind this suite is that each movement was written very late at night, in that haze of exhaustion and creativity. It's scored for a double string ensemble, though it could be played by a typical symphonic string section, divided evenly. I intend to have 6-7 total movements in the work.
I - Dawn, A bit odd to start a work called the "Midnight Suite" with something called "Dawn", but the music isn't intended to represent late night happenings so here you go.
II - Still, Actually the first of the set to be written, this one is more meditative and tries to reach into the aether.
IV - Cascade, Very lively, I tried to evoke birds in flight and the patterns they make as they soar across the sky.