Concerto No.20 in D minor's Stoofz

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, June 28, 2009, 05:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Yeah...I'm going to start arranging again.  Only a few songs though, any ideas?  I want to do a Zelda song or two, a classic Mario song, MGS solid song, and maybe a few more.

Petpetfood

That's nice to hear. I think you should start arranging some Mario songs.

mantis985

I have a few MGS songs but I think we should get more people arranging them.  Go for it.

dahans

YAY K466! That's great. What about arranging some classical old Mario songs? Mario party, super mario 64, mario kart, or whatever! Mario is the best!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

^Trouble is, most classical Mario songs are already arranged and on site.

Solution is, most of them are quite bad and need revision. I don't know for sure how G-han arranged (though I have an idea), but most of his songs could do with a little polishing.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

WiiMan96

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 29, 2009, 01:02:21 AM^Trouble is, most classical Mario songs are already arranged and on site.

Solution is, most of them are quite bad and need revision. I don't know for sure how G-han arranged (though I have an idea), but most of his songs could do with a little polishing.

Second.

EDIT: In fact, Dire Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) could use some spicing up... :P

Cobraroll

^Actually, the notes are right, it's just Finale that screws up the nature of the song (you're meant to held each key for about three or four beats). This song was the first one I ever learned (from a video, though), and it goes by these notes. It sounds amazing in real life.

But I still think it could need a little polishing. Some parts may need a little 8va, among other things.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

WiiMan96

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 29, 2009, 02:21:23 PM^Actually, the notes are right, it's just Finale that screws up the nature of the song (you're meant to held each key for about three or four beats). This song was the first one I ever learned (from a video, though), and it goes by these notes. It sounds amazing in real life.

But I still think it could need a little polishing. Some parts may need a little 8va, among other things.

Yeah, that is my definition of 'spicing up'. ;) The notes are completely fine, but 8va and such is needed.
In which case, The Princess's Secret Slide!  ;D