News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Luigind123's Arrangements

Started by luigind123, July 11, 2009, 09:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you think I am doing for a newbie?

Awesome!!
Great!
Good
Poor!
Horrible!!

luigind123

Hello Ninsheetmusic people!!! I felt it would be a good thing to start listing my upcoming sheet music since some of the best users seem to list them. I decided to show a link to my upcoming sheet music. Oh, and you might need to use finale reader because I use finale printmusic 2009.

Submission - None Yet!

Qued - None Yet!

To Review

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 2 - "Overworld" - Luigind123  MUS MID

[N64] Super Mario 64 - "Princess Peach's Castle" - Luigind123  MUS MID (Can Someone tell me the copyright date? Thanks!) (The MUS sounds more realistic when set at Smartmusic Softsynth 1)

[GCB] The Legend Of Zelda: Windwaker - "Outset Island" (MIX) - Luigind123  MUS MID (This is a mix of the first and second half of the Outset Island theme)

[GCB] Super Mario Sunshine - "Delfino Plaza" - Luigind123  MUS MID

[DS] Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time - "Title Theme" - Luigind123  MUS MID

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Gusty Garden Galaxy" - Luigind123  MUS MID

Upcoming

[GCB] The Legend Of Zelda Windwaker - "Great Sea" - Luigind123  MUS (Halfway Done)
I love video game music and I plan to be a great sheet music composer soon! Ninsheetmusic has inspired me to make/play sheet music!

Brassman388

Wow, two of my favorite mario themes. I'll be sure to come back with something for you to work on.

Brassman388

Quote from: luigind123 on July 11, 2009, 09:28:32 PM(Can Someone tell me the copyright date? Thanks!)

When in doubt, just put the current year.

Sorry for the double post...

Nana1Popo2

dude are you sure that Princess Peach's Castle isn't a direct rip from the game?  ;)

GREAT. !! 1 one ...need i continue?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

luigind123

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 11, 2009, 10:40:49 PMdude are you sure that Princess Peach's Castle isn't a direct rip from the game?  ;)

GREAT. !! 1 one ...need i continue?
Nope! Everything that I post is 100% me! But thanks for the great comment!!!!!!!  ;D
I love video game music and I plan to be a great sheet music composer soon! Ninsheetmusic has inspired me to make/play sheet music!

MaestroUGC

Wow, these are some great arrangements. Is this your first attempt at arranging?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

luigind123

Yup.  :D  Started arranging them not too long ago... Then I decided to stop keeping all my sheet music private and started posting these today. And it seems like I already have gotten some fans!!!!  :)

HungryDragon

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 11, 2009, 10:36:13 PM
Quote from: luigind123 on July 11, 2009, 09:28:32 PM(Can Someone tell me the copyright date? Thanks!)

No... Just. No

Does anyone know about a useful tool called 'Google'?

By the way, copyright years for SMB2, SM64, and ML:PiT would be 1986, 1996, 2005 respectively

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 11, 2009, 10:36:13 PMSorry for the double post...

Don't say you're sorry and delete it ;) The buttons are there for a reason :P

Welcome to NSM  :D It's a great place to come to once you settle in!

Just a bit of stuff that bothered me from a piano point of view for the castle theme:

Could you try moving the Piano 1 and 2 parts together? The bass clef of piano one tends to be on ledger lines for a good portion of the song. As well as the treble and bass of piano 1 for the most part, are seconds for the most part. Piano 3, for the most part, could be put in a second layer in the bass clef of Piano 2. Move Piano 2 up to one, and I think we have a nice looking sheet ;)

For measures 17-38, I would have switched parts of the treble and bass clef (Piano 1) . I find it just annoying in general reading off of ledger lines, so switching the parts would be a good choice, and it looks nicer.

Just out of curiosity, was this a midi rip?

Personally, I didn't care for the LoZ:WW Mix. I'm normally a fan of canons, but this just didn't sit well with me  :-\

I'm not familiar with SMG music, but this looks great. I think it should atleast get a key signature, to try and tidy up some of the accidentals :P Other than that, it looks like a great sheet!

Delfino Plaza and the Overworld theme from SMB2 are already on the site :P But great a start to arranging, nonetheless.
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

luigind123

Well actually it isn't an MIDI rip. But it probably looks and sounds like one. I barely listen to MIDI unless I have a hard time figuring out pitches. I definately understand the whole ledger line thing (Although the piece was mainly to sound like the real deal.) I noticed that in measures 17-38 the treble clef part does go lower than the bass clef, and I have been meaning to fix it! (Thanks for reminding me) I will try to tidy up everything, and plus I knew that some of the music I arranged was already posted. I just wanted to prove that you could always make an arrangement sound better if you put your mind to it. The same goes for making it look better. I will admit that I am really bad at figuring out key signitures, but I will just try my best. Thanks for the constructive criticizm!!

Edit: But, you all should know that you can stil post sheet music that is already on the site if you think it's better than the one already posted. (At least I think you can)

HungryDragon

I ask about the midi rip just because the mid and the mus don't match up (clarinet ???) That and the 3 Pianos :P

I understand the  whole 'staying true to the original' thing. It wouldn't matter where the notes are, just as long as the pitches are correct. You could write it all in alto clef for all I care Oh, please don't do that :P It's just that it looks sloppy/juvenile (at least to me) when ledgers are used when they aren't needed. I  was just looking at it as if it were to be submitted as a sheet, which by the way, would look very nice ^_^ 

For Gutsy Garden, I believe C sharp major (six sharps) should do it I couldn't decide between that or G Flat Major (six flats) I would go with the first, mainly because there's double flats, and I don't like them :P. But you're the arranger, you get to choose :P

Brassman388

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 12, 2009, 01:21:13 AM
Quote from: Brassman388 on July 11, 2009, 10:36:13 PM

No... Just. No

Does anyone know about a useful tool called 'Google'?

By the way, copyright years for SMB2, SM64, and ML:PiT would be 1986, 1996, 2005 respectively

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 11, 2009, 10:36:13 PMSorry for the double post...

Don't say you're sorry and delete it ;) The buttons are there for a reason :P

Whoa? Alrighty? It's nothing to get finnicky about.

And why can't we just put the current year? I would think that having a current time frame would be better than having something that could of expired. You do know that copyrights expire, right?

luigind123

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 12, 2009, 02:16:14 AMI ask about the midi rip just because the mid and the mus don't match up (clarinet ???) That and the 3 Pianos :P

I understand the  whole 'staying true to the original' thing. It wouldn't matter where the notes are, just as long as the pitches are correct. You could write it all in alto clef for all I care Oh, please don't do that :P It's just that it looks sloppy/juvenile (at least to me) when ledgers are used when they aren't needed. I  was just looking at it as if it were to be submitted as a sheet, which by the way, would look very nice ^_^  

For Gutsy Garden, I believe C sharp major (six sharps) should do it I couldn't decide between that or G Flat Major (six flats) I would go with the first, mainly because there's double flats, and I don't like them :P. But you're the arranger, you get to choose :P
Yeah, I understand that. The reason the MUS and MIDI sound different is because of the Finale MUS file usually uses SmartMusic SoftSynth 1, while the MIDI uses the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. They project the instruments in different ways. The reason I use the pianos (3 in this case) is 1) Because it stays a little more organized. 2) The instruments matched up in piano form. And 3) The actual instruments don't show up in Finale Printmusic when choosing instruments. (The String Ensamble and the Pizzicato Strings). But I understand the suspicion. A whole lot of people use MIDI and just claim the entire thing as their own.

HungryDragon

Brass:
I just feel cluttering up threads is silly. If we have the tools to correct it, shouldn't we?

I am quite aware that copyrights expire. In the U.S. copyright lasts 70yrs after the holder has died. Which should last quite a long time. Just following the guidelines set out by the founder way back when ;)

luigi:
Well just looking how the instrument list (Under 'window') was set up, and how the midi opened up in finale, i was having guesses. The clarinet in channel 3 threw me off. Although playing it back with the same settings, (with microsoft GS wave table synth) produces similar results to the mus.

Bleck, I'm too old for this :P

Brassman388

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 12, 2009, 02:50:13 AMBrass:
I just feel cluttering up threads is silly. If we have the tools to correct it, shouldn't we?

I am quite aware that copyrights expire. In the U.S. copyright lasts 70yrs after the holder has died. Which should last quite a long time. Just following the guidelines set out by the founder way back when ;)

Alright, I can agree to that. I shall try harder then, if that's what the guidelines says.

luigind123

I am just guessing that something is wrong, because I have looked over all of my sheet music and there has been no clarinet.... Could be a bug.... I will do some investigating. Oh, and HungryDragon, thank you for the copyright dates. I did a search on google, but I guess I wasn't specific enough... I will try to get everything perfect! (After all, that is what the guidelines say to do before submitting!!!)