News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Submissions for the July 28 Update [Update is up!]

Started by Nintendude73, July 21, 2009, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4-D

Final Fantasy X "Calm Before the Storm" | MID
Metroid "Brinstar" (revision) | MID

Note: all of my MIDI files are missing repeats, etc., since I can't make those work in NotePad. The only reason "Brinstar's" MUS repeats are working is because WiiMan96 fixed it up for me (thanks WiiMan!!!)

Nintendude73: Brinstar is accepted (thank GOD for that, the old one was awful), and I made a midi using Finale so the repeats work correctly.  Calm Before the Storm sounds fine, but there are some R.H. markings (I assuming they mean right hand) that are possibly misplaced... they're under sections where it wouldn't be necessary to switch to your right hand.  Could you double check that?

4-D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4A7Pj7fUA0 @ 1:07 you see how that kind of markings are  supposed to be played. It's just that one bass note that's supposed to be played by the right hand, not the whole clef. Crossovers are something you see in music periodically (for example, there are some pieces by Debussy (such as Reverie) that use it just for flow, even though they're not physically necessary. I've done it here for flow. if you try playing it without the crossover, it's not as smooth). But you call the shots, so If you won't accept it otherwise, I can remove the R.H.'s. Let me know :P

Nintendude73: Grah, there are too many exceptions in this stuff. :P  You obviously know what you're talking about and I obviously have no idea what I mean, so this is accepted.

Davey

Okay, so we've talked about this in IRC, (I think, anyway)

This is a (possible) replacement for "Lost Woods" Legend of Zelda: OoT which was originally arranged by G-Han but was discussed as a sheet needing cleaning. So here's a possible new sheet that I arranged.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Lost Woods | MID 7/24/09

Nintendude73: OK, accepted.  The version on the site wasn't that bad, but this one's an improvement, so whatever.  Just some minor formatting errors (forgot quotes on song title, added quotes to game name that shouldn't have been there, and left out "The" in "THE Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time") I fixed it.

Davey: Thanks

Palagerini

Submission

[SNES] - Overworld - Lufia & The Fortress of Doom - Palagerini
Mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?nzwmtx0n0jj
Midi: http://www.mediafire.com/?yoiymm3htm4

Only one this time as all of my remaining sheets have key sig problems =/.

Nintendude73: Accepted.
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Tranzlater

[NES]-Metroid-"Ridley's Hideout"-Tranzlater
MUS - MIDI

[GBA]-Mother 3-"Unfounded Revenge"-Tranzlater
MUS - MIDI

Nintendude73: Both accepted, just some minor formatting errors in both that I'm too bored to go over right now.  I fixed them.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Nintendude73

Submissions for this week's update are now CLOSED.  I will do one final sweep and post the update later today or tomorrow.

If you posted your submissions after the second sweep and they get rejected in the final sweep, don't worry.  If you fix them before the end of the day, I'll add them to the update.  Otherwise, you can resubmit them for the next update in addition to your two new submissions.