News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Gamescom '09 (Cologne)

Started by Gu4n, July 26, 2009, 03:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gu4n

Next month, I'll be attending at the Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. This is the successor of the Leipzig Games Convention and comparable to the American E3 or Japanese Tokyo Game Show - so it'll be pretty interesting and crowded, on top of that. I'm pretty much up to date with all upcoming games these days, but I was wondering if you guys are looking forward to that specific game I really should play. Afterwards, I'll report my thoughts here (specially for you - everything else I'll write will be in Dutch). As a gamecritic, I don't hope I'll be too honest and ruin your anticipation towards that very game. =)

Also, are there perhaps other NSM-members who are attending?

KefkaticFanatic

Interesting.  I wonder why I haven't heard of this?  Anyway, I look forward to your report, the one you did last year was great!

me irl
[close]

kotorfanboy

Check out Scribblenauts to see if it's really the greatest thing ever.

Gu4n

People appear to be very enthusiastic about it. I'll check it out for sure. By the way, a friend of mine was asked by Nintendo Benelux to translate the game into Dutch. And well yeah, the vocabulary contains about 10.000 words. Poor him. =p

For now, I've only got an appointment with SEGA. An exclusive session with Bayonetta - the only SEGA-game I'm interested in.

Gu4n

I got this list so far, based on my specialities:

Square Enix:
- Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Final Fantasy XIV (PS3)
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (Wii)
Sony:
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
Konami:
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadows (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)
Bandai Namco:
- Katamari Forever (PS3)
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
SEGA:
- Bayonetta (PS3, Xbox 360) - exclusive session
Warner Bros:
- Scribblenauts (DS) - exclusive session, including interview with 5TH Cell

I have already playing everything Nintendo's coming with.

KefkaticFanatic

Ooh, can't wait to hear what you think of Lord of Shadow.  I'm also interested in your opinion of Dissida.  I loved the Japanese version, but noticed that they basically ruined the voices in the English version.  Perhaps you'll have a different language to play with?  Oh, and LBP PSP should be interesting as well.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

I'm afraid I don't hear much of the voices in the crowded halls. Last time I secretly tried to record the music from Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, but some guy from Konami noticed it and added a irremovable plug.

Oh man, the organisation of the gamescom is making such a fuss about my entry. Since May, I'm writing for the highest division of national game journalism in the Netherlands, but still they need some proof one way or another. Is my name listed on that page not enough? And my editor-in-chief is, like, really busy (i.e. he received a PSP Go yesterday), so hopefully he can write me a letter.

KefkaticFanatic

Haha that's great.  Well hopefully that won't make you miss any of your appointments and such.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

Hehe, me too. I got the letter by the way, so it should be fine. If the people are making a fuss about it when I'm finally there, I'll show them how good I am at German. Excuse me, scolding in German at Germans in Germany, that is.

Nintendude73

Oh, cool, you're checking out Katamari Forever.  I was just listening to the main theme.  Also excited that you're going to see Crystal Bearers.  You seem to have a lot of the good stuff covered.

Gu4n

Yeah, there appears to be way more games on my to-do list. What I posted before is merely the first part of it. Oh well. If I encounter some video game music composers, I'll try to get their businesscards. I got Michiru Yamane's already, but there's so much more I want.

I'll be on my way then. Catch you guys in a week again!

Gu4n

Back. I had more appointments than I thought at first, so I haven't been able to play all the games (wouldn't even want to). Finally met Yusuke Hashimoto, who produced Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry. He was a bit tense, but finally smiled when I started to talk Japanese (that was the moment I was getting tense).

Is there any game you really ought to know something about? Pick one from the list, and I will translate it.

SirIngusBingus

I'd like to hear about Bayonetta and the Crystal Bearers, please.   ;D

KefkaticFanatic

Tatsunoku vs Capcom, Blur, and Dissidia please!

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Oh yeah I forgot about Dissidia.