News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Meaning behind your usernames

Started by Dalonzo, July 29, 2009, 12:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Did that sound Californian? I don't live there, so I can't actually tell.

KefkaticFanatic

Nothing in that post is specifically indicative of California, so I can't help you there

me irl
[close]

Clanker37

I think slow was referring to the California sterotype of being very left wing, Tumblr-like, arty-farty and a preference for Hippie-esque behavior.
Quote from: InsigTurtle on January 11, 2016, 03:48:06 PMI'm just another guy exploring the world of art, science, Pokémon, and dank memes. The way I deal with life is to go with the flow instead of fighting the current. Nothing is going to change because of me, and I'm okay with that. Essentially, it represents my acceptance of my limits of what I can be and I can't be.
This bit in particular strikes as particularly stoner-Hippie, "like, we're all part of the same, like, system, maaaaan." From a non-American point of view, I can agree that I associate these things with California from the representation of California I have seen in texts, despite having never visited the place myself.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 15, 2016, 02:45:22 AMI think slow was referring to the California sterotype of being very left wing, Tumblr-like, arty-farty and a preference for Hippie-esque behavior.
What... part of California...?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Oh yeah I live in CA and the kids in my school are all like that.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

don't you go to a hippie art school?
unmotivated

InsigTurtle

Think it's more of a west coast thing rather than uniquely Californian

Yellow

I picked a random series of letters, and here we are.
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zunawe

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 15, 2016, 02:45:22 AMleft wing, Tumblr-like, arty-farty and a preference for Hippie-esque behavior.
= Boulder, CO
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: Zunawe on January 15, 2016, 01:44:42 PM= Boulder, CO
lmaooo I just visited there a few weeks ago and it's so true. Colorado in general is a very hippie-ish state from what I saw

Zunawe

Auugh. You should have said something. I could have taken you on a tour.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

My family already had a family member who lives there give us a tour, sorry!! If it makes you feel any better I got a lot of little animal figurines from that big toystore in Boulder :-) also saw my first "cannabis dispensary"

Zunawe

I program things