News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Meaning behind your usernames

Started by Dalonzo, July 29, 2009, 12:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palagerini

Mine is actually one of old childhood friends made up. Although unfortunaley I don't remember what the part of it meant.

Pal | Age | Rini

Basically my friend said that I got along with people pretty well and that she always use to say that i'm like an old man stuck in a little boy's body. That was in elementary school and even to this day, people still think i'm like in old man stuck in a teenager's body.

Dang I really wish I remembered what Rini meant. =/
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

ALPRAS

And musicians express them selves in the music, but also in other type of things. Greekgeek for example, in a diary. We (musicians) are supposed to be more flexible and sentimental persons, and our brain isn't so limited as the other insensible and rude people that only express them selves with violence. We are better than them.

SirIngusBingus

Ok, I bet you guys have been wondering about mine:

The first time I ever played an online game (Guild Wars), I had recently finished playing FFIII for the first time. I therefore wanted my name to be 'Sir Ingus' after the game's knight, but some other player had already taken it! I was trying to come up with another name, when my dad came and wrote 'Bingus' after what I already had. I've been Sir Ingus Bingus ever since.

Roz~

My username actually is one of the nicknames my friends gave me. And well I like the little ~.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Davey

Quote from: Roz~ on July 31, 2009, 12:47:38 PMAnd well I like the little ~.
For future reference, it's called a 'tilde'.

Roz~

Well thanks, didn't know the english name. Here we call this thing "une vague".
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Davey

In Soviet Russia, Tilde type You.

Cobraroll

On most other forums, I'm known as Pokemaniac (Yeah, I still like Pokémon). However, on a game related forum, that would sound a little too nooby, so I took a username from my other big hobby: Roller coasters.

The Cobra Roll is an element compromised of a half loop, going into a corkscrew at its apex. The corkscrew changes direction (often giving a sideways jolt halfway through the element) back to the side it came from, and when it's back to the apex, it goes into another half loop. See my signature and avatar for illustrations.
For the record: the coasters portrayed are:
Avatar: Incredible Hulk, Universal Studios Island of Adventure, Florida USA
Sig: Left: Superman / la Atracción de Acero, Parque Warner Madrid, Madrid Spain
Sig. Right: Katun, Mirabilandia, Savio Italy
All of these are coasters built by the Swiss manufacturer Boliger & Mabillard (B&M for short). Many other companies also include Cobra Rolls in their layouts.

And it looks awesome. Propably rides awesome as well, but I've never tried one. This baby was closed when I went to the park this Easter (It's also, by the way, the coaster in the world with most iversions (times going upside down), tied with a clone model in China with 10).

The Cobra Roll is by some manufacturers called a Boomerang. And I should probably stop this lecture now.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

GreekGeek

Quote from: DaveyTheRebel on July 30, 2009, 05:02:15 PM
Quote from: Dalonzo on July 30, 2009, 04:03:26 PMJust because you live in a country where diaries are stereotypical of women, that doesn't mean Holland (where I believe GG is from) has those stereotypes. Or maybe he just wants a diary, big deal.

It's not stereotypical for women, It's just 'girly' when men have them.

Let's be girly then, but sometimes I feel like writing poems and stories and if you don't understand that, then you should never come to Holland. And btw, diaries are better than diarreia ;D

Brassman388

Back when I was in marching band, me and my other two other counterparts were referred to as the "Men in Brass". We were also dubbed with surnames alone with our titles. Mine of course, was Brassman.

The "388" Part comes from the Metroid games (hence my avy) and is referring to the plane that the metroids originate from; Planet SR388.

WiiMan96

Mine's rather obvious, and uncreative. :P The 96 comes from the year I was born.

Everywhere else on Teh Interwebz, I am known as 'WiiMan192'. I was born on the 19th of February. :o  Why did I change it? Because there's a YouTube account by the name of WiiMan96, and I have no wish to be affiliated with whoever that person is anywhere else. XD

Dalonzo

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 31, 2009, 01:52:27 PMThe Cobra Roll is by some manufacturers called a Boomerang.

There is a coaster in Mexico's Six Flags called Boomerang. (before it was a Six Flags it was a different company, but it was bought around 8-9 years ago). Anyway, this coaster in particular has a Cobra Roll (which I most certainly love) but what makes it special is that this was the first coaster in the world (or so the park claims) to have a Reversed chain lift, it drops you, you do the cobra roll, then a loop, just to meet another chain lift and go back the way you came. The cobra roll part while backwards is my favorite.

Lol, I'm such a coaster noob, me and my friends go there at least every two weeks, and I even have an annual pass so I get in for free.

Cobraroll

^What you are describing is a stock model Boomerang coaster. Including inverted versions, there are about 70 of these worldwide (43 of which are operating). The very first one was opened in 1984 at Morey's Piers (New Jersey USA). In other words, they are the most common type of coaster around. Still, renowned for their reliability and affordable price (about 1,500,000 USD), along with a small footprint, they are popular among parks. 6 inversions are also a plus. However, the Boomerangs (or the manufacturer in general) are known for being exceptionally "rough", and shaky, putting them far down the list in various coaster polls.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dalonzo

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 01, 2009, 12:22:53 AM^What you are describing is a stock model Boomerang coaster. Including inverted versions, there are about 70 of these worldwide (43 of which are operating). The very first one was opened in 1984 at Morey's Piers (New Jersey USA)

Oh, the one i said opened in 84 aswell, so it is one of the first. The maker was Vekoma.

Oh and yes, it's very shaky sometimes, specially on the front seats.

Bespinben

My username is just something I came up with 7 years ago when I first had to make an internet alias. I simply combined the word "Bespin" (a planet from Star Wars) and my first name "Ben" to create "Bespinben", which I liked because the repetition of the B consonant between the two words formed a nice alliteration.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday