News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Swing on Finale Printmusic 2009?

Started by Palagerini, August 01, 2009, 06:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palagerini

I know how to put swing on my songs, but for some reason it doesn't seem work when i play it back? Does this only happen to me or is this with everyone?
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Nana1Popo2

hmm, well here are two ways u can use the swing.... u can go to MIDI - Human Playback - chose which one u want (probably Jazz if it's swing) go back, - Swing - wat kind of swing u want.

or, go to the expression tool (for single parts) click on the space - Expressive Text - Swing....... :p

um..hope these work, they should work...... >.>
try it, and let me know :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Palagerini

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on August 01, 2009, 09:06:48 AMhmm, well here are two ways u can use the swing.... u can go to MIDI - Human Playback - chose which one u want (probably Jazz if it's swing) go back, - Swing - wat kind of swing u want.

or, go to the expression tool (for single parts) click on the space - Expressive Text - Swing....... :p

um..hope these work, they should work...... >.>
try it, and let me know :)

Your first suggestion didn't have any effect at all. I even put it on heavy swing and it didn't make a difference.
On your second suggestion, there is no option for swing under expressive text. Just: agitato, con brio, cantabile, and dolce. ( atleast for me)
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Nana1Popo2

do u have a default setting before it thats cuasing it to have no response? like a set tempo on the score, not just in the playback settings?

hmm...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

WiiMan96

Try using the 'Expression Tool'. Go down to 'Tempo Marks' and select e  e = q  e with a tuplet marking over the q  e. You know what I mean. :P Place that at the beginning of the piece.

Jazz playback should work, though. You do though that in Finale, doing either all of the above only affects how quavers are played?  ;)

Composer #40

Are we all looking at the same Printmusic here?

First, copy-paste the song to a new document and try set the swing (i.e. Human Playback -> Jazz or Funk)
If that doesn't work there's something wrong with the program itself and you might have to reinstall it.

Also, the "Expression Tool" doesn't work if you're trying to make swing, it just tells the person reading it to add swing.

It happens Every. Day!

WiiMan96

When I place that symbol, it also changes Human Playback to Swing. :P I'm using the Macintosh version, but it shouldn't be all that different...