News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Seeker's piano music [Updated 6/03/10]

Started by Seeker, August 14, 2009, 01:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Seeker on December 28, 2009, 07:42:01 PMTeacher assigned an insane amount of repertoire for next semester, so I doubt I'll be able to touch Maestro's Lost Woods until summer. This is starting to look like Duke Nukem Forever.
Well if you're serious about playing serious music, then that's what you should focus on. Or at least give it more attaention than everything else.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

One thing I'd like to point out about that is priorities;)

School would seem like a major one, don't you think?

Seeker

Uh.. I don't understand? That's what I'm doing.
This is a signature.

Maretocks

Wow, these are all fantastic! Nice work Seeker. :)
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Seeker

Thanks Maretocks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Cauldron Keep
Click Clock Wood (Summer)

Plan to get Mumbo's Hut and Clanker's Cavern from BK as well as the Palace and Great Palace from AoL up this week.
This is a signature.

dahans

Well done! Everything sounds nice !(the sound is so clear, how do you do that?)
I think I also should make a youtube video, but I do not have the necessary equippment...  :'(
Keep it going! (could you play an arrangment from dahans?^^ I would be honored... :D)
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Seeker

My dad bought me some really nice recording equipment a while back. All clarity is from that. I don't actually know how to use all the features.

But we need help with the B-K project. You can't scrounge anything from a friend?

And I should be able to get Koopa village up by the end of the week. Everything else is too hard for me to learn over break.
This is a signature.

dahans

I could... However, you could do Good Egg Galaxy it's not really difficult IMO (in my opinion you are better than me and I learned this piece very fast).
Thanks a lot!

Seeker

Eh, Good Egg Galaxy doesn't really do anything for me.

Finally got around to uploading Koopa Village. I really cringed at some botched rhythm and some notes I accented way too much now that I hear it again, but overall I'm pleased with it.
This is a signature.

Maretocks

Sounds great, but it lacks a little energy or flow in my opinion, depending on how you want to play it. It sounded like you were going for a slow, relaxing feel, in which case I recommend using the pedal more, otherwise I personally would have played it with a bit more gusto. Nonetheless, it was a very relaxing piece, and I enjoyed it alot. :D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

dahans

THANKS! What can I do for you? It sounds such amazing, a piece arranged by me played by a pro. I would be glad if you could play another arrangment ;D.

universe-X

Quote from: dahans on April 18, 2010, 04:02:10 PMTHANKS! What can I do for you? It sounds such so amazing, a piece arranged by me played by a pro. I would be glad if you could play another arrangment ;D.
*Fixed ;D

And the playing does sound good, but like Maretocks said, it needs that extra "oomph".

Seeker

Quote from: Maretocks on April 16, 2010, 10:11:03 PMSounds great, but it lacks a little energy or flow in my opinion, depending on how you want to play it. It sounded like you were going for a slow, relaxing feel, in which case I recommend using the pedal more, otherwise I personally would have played it with a bit more gusto. Nonetheless, it was a very relaxing piece, and I enjoyed it alot. :D
Thanks for the input. I tried your suggestion, but I honestly can't see where you're coming from here. Perhaps I did it wrong? More pedal is pretty vague. It would help if you said why that would make it better.

I hesitate to take it any faster. Due to the ploddy nature of the accompaniment, that would only make it sound rushed. Perhaps if the sixteenth note background from the original were included I could up the speed convincingly...

Thanks again nevertheless. Criticism makes me really think about the piece, even if I do end up ignoring it.

And sorry dahans, but between the Banjo Kazooie project, my personal Zelda project, and my lessons I'm kind of too busy for anything else.
This is a signature.

Maretocks

Quote from: Seeker on April 18, 2010, 06:21:13 PMThanks for the input. I tried your suggestion, but I honestly can't see where you're coming from here. Perhaps I did it wrong? More pedal is pretty vague. It would help if you said why that would make it better.

I hesitate to take it any faster. Due to the ploddy nature of the accompaniment, that would only make it sound rushed. Perhaps if the sixteenth note background from the original were included I could up the speed convincingly...

Thanks again nevertheless. Criticism makes me really think about the piece, even if I do end up ignoring it.

And sorry dahans, but between the Banjo Kazooie project, my personal Zelda project, and my lessons I'm kind of too busy for anything else.
Ahh, I see what you mean. Sorry, I can't help being vague. :P 0:28-0:48 could have been more staccato; I think that was the main thing. I dunno, you sounded a bit hesitant. Again that's just my opinion though. Fantastic overall. :D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Seeker

I can get behind that. Thanks, that's probably just what that part needs.
This is a signature.