News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Human playback

Started by THENINTENDOLUMINARY, September 09, 2009, 05:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THENINTENDOLUMINARY

It seems in some of the .mus files there is no way to turn off the effects of human playback you can set it to off but it doesn't make any difference. Is there any way to fix this? I much perfer the regular playback as the human playback sounds like a dynamic range reduced old vinal record. and it's way too quiet, some songs I can't even hear with my laptop.

So why do some files seem to have the choice between regular playback and human playback and some don't?

THENINTENDOLUMINARY

190 views and no response at all even after one and a half years? really?

Greg

...you just came back now to make your second post.

LOOOOOL

And about your question, I have no idea. XD

I would like to know the answer, though.

THENINTENDOLUMINARY

well I kinda forgot about this place for a while so yeah

Greg

Well, once stuff goes off the first page... everyone forgets about it.  :P

Shadoninja

Quote from: THENINTENDOLUMINARY on September 09, 2009, 05:58:31 AMSo why do some files seem to have the choice between regular playback and human playback and some don't?
apparently human playback was added sometime between finale 2003 to 2004. I'm guessing that's the reason.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

THENINTENDOLUMINARY

well yeah that explains why some don't have the human playback option, but it doesn't explain why some ONLY have human playback which it's what I'm complaining about

PianoMan

I know that if there is a tempo marking at the beginning of the piece, changing the playback tempo will make no difference, if that helps at all...

Olimar12345

if its just the sound quality that you dont like then i cant help you. finale  is'nt a midi program, its a notation program. the playback feature is really just an added bonus that only works about half of the time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

THENINTENDOLUMINARY

I've never has a mus file that wouldn't play so I don't really know what your talking about when you say playback only works half the time. To get an understanding of what I am talking about compare Hop Hop Donut Lifts which only has normal playback to Make Eggs Throw Eggs which only has human playback.

Olimar12345

yes i know what your talking about, im telling u to not expect much from finale's playback. and by "Half of the time" i meant its not always acurate half tha time. like i said, its a notation program, not a midi program.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

THENINTENDOLUMINARY

well I was also wondering that if human playback is some kind of option that the arranger selects, If I could ask people to please stop selecting it

Shadoninja

I doubt we're going to do a massive change to the MUS files for the sake of one person.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

PianoMan

Is there a difference? I thought there was just human playback.

Olimar12345

human playback is supposed to be better-it does more dynamics and expressions. though i say better, its like saying that "steaming pile of crap A" is better than "steaming pile of crap B". it all smells like shit to me.