News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

yeah, it's really sad, and no more math classes for me.  :P

GreekGeek

Man, I wanna switch. Math was horrible today, so fed up with this stuff (circle movements). How many years of math for you?

Brassman388

Quote from: GreekGeek on March 17, 2009, 01:58:31 PMMan, I wanna switch. Math was horrible today, so fed up with this stuff (circle movements). How many years of math for you?

Three, thankfully though, ima senior, now ima done with that.  ;D

ALPRAS

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 16, 2009, 07:15:22 PMYou haven't delt much with music then, study it more and you'll realise that much of it IS math.

I know that music is filled with maths, but im talking about the REAL maths....

B-Kpianist

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 16, 2009, 07:15:22 PMYou haven't delt much with music then, study it more and you'll realise that much of it IS math.

Well it depends on how in-depth you get. If your taking basic music theory, the most you'll need to know is how to count, how to add and some fractions. Lots of composers are at this level (being that most composers like myself, Grant Kirkhope, etc. only care about the song sounding good), so math isn't a really big concern.

If your planning to teach music, arrange/transcribe music (for a living), conduct an orchestra/band, etc., then you'll probably need a more in-depth understanding of music theory, thus involving more math.

So it really depends on what you're planning to do with music.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Brassman388

ALPRAS

Big Hobo Gays xD

In my compositions I dont about the maths, but if they  are sounding good. Of course all the songs need some maths (rythms division etc...), but normally, the composers that only think about mathmatical music, they're songs usually sucks, or sounds very weird and dissonant (it also depends of people's musical tastes, but I hate the 2nd half of the XX's Century and XXI musics (vanguard musics)...)

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

KefkaticFanatic

...the same reason the rest of everything is dying?

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]