News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Nope! My hunting game shall be even more prime!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on May 19, 2015, 04:01:02 PMNope! My hunting game shall be even more prime!
> implying it was prime to begin with

braix

I'm eating Pho with my friend and we just ordered our 3rd extra bowl of noodles each. The waiter seems kinda pissed lmfao
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

How big where the bowls? Even though I adore Pho, I can't even eat a whole bowl of them :P

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 19, 2015, 12:10:01 PM^close-minded much

At this point I'm confident that blue is playing the "nintendo fanboy troll" card and isn't in reality this wildly ignorant persona

me irl
[close]

braix

Quote from: AwesomeYears on May 19, 2015, 08:30:11 PMHow big where the bowls? Even though I adore Pho, I can't even eat a whole bowl of them :P
It's not really the bowls themselves that are big, just how much noodles are in them(which is a pretty large amount)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Leaving Prague. This semester was fucking amazing, and I'll probably fill you guys in on some of the details at some point. This goes neither in the MMD thread, nor the rant thread, as it's pretty bittersweet. I'm so glad I got this opportunity, and I can honestly say I feel as if I've grown as a person this semester. I'm sad to be leaving, as there's still so much I haven't done here, but glad to be going back to the US, and excited to spend a summer in NYC. Living in another country that I knew I'd have to leave at the end of the semester, as well as visiting countries I knew I'd have to leave in a few days, I feel like I've become more inclined to try to experience all that a place has to offer (or at least as much as I can), and I'm excited to apply that to NYC, where I rarely used to go very much outside of my own bubble.

I also made so many amazing friends here; it's crazy how close you can bond when there are only a few hundred of you in a city where people don't speak your language (as well as when there are only 20 or so of you in the music program, and only a few more than that in your student apartment building). I only had a few close friends in music before this semester, and I didn't even meet most of them through music; but now, I have a pretty awesome community to rely on. So many of them (as well as most of my friends from last semester) are going to be in the city this summer, and it's going to be great.

Also pretty pumped to have a productive summer. I have four combination internship/audit situations with composition workshops lined up, as well as work study. I'm really hoping to get a lot done, as I have some pretty specific things I want to do in terms of composition. This semester opened my eyes to a lot of new areas that I can explore and emulate, and that's something I'm really looking forward to. I'm also planning to teach myself Latin and a coding language or two (codeacademy, yo), two things I've been meaning to do for a long time.

I'm really going to miss this place, though. The extremely meat-based diet. The beer. The architecture. The beer again. One of my goals in life is to become fluent in Czech and come back for a year or so (I really like learning languages, in case you couldn't tell). And when I do, I have about four professors and maybe a few tinder matches who've told me to hit them up to go for a beer.

So, yeah. That's my spiel.

K-NiGhT

Went to a Smash tournament today.

Got 8th. I guess I'll take it.

mikey

unmotivated

K-NiGhT

InsigTurtle

So I went to this MUN conference... And the rooming got fucked up. It's 11:30pm.The committee ended at 10:30. Everyone's tired and grumpy. This will be a good night.
Spoiler
[close]
(Large image)

EDIT: it's 12:40 now.

EDIT: 1:40 am. Slowly growing insane
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: 2:00 am. Went out for a walk. Didn't get shanked. Going outside alone in a shady part of town at 2am is usually a death flag in a visual novel.
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: 2:15 Almost empty. sustenance has arrived.
Spoiler

[close]

EDIT: 2:30
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: 3:00
Finally getting a room.
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: 3:30
George Foreman Grill. Goodnight.
Spoiler

[close]

InsigTurtle

Day two: committee session at 12am. I was told that this convention was "shady as fuck", and now there's a police car outside of the window...

Spoiler

[close]