News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Maybe he hasn't, maybe he's really prudish.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

Quote from: Jompa on March 03, 2013, 03:22:43 PMThere's no such thing as gammelnorsk :P
Oh, there is. It exists solely to annoy students during the final year of school (I've managed to repress most of those memories, but I seem to recall it is that horrible mix of Norse and Danish that eventually solidified to modern Norwegian).

QuoteAnd I agree, Danish sounds like someone with a potato down their throat

Not necessarily. Danish sounds more like the person has received a powerful electric shock to his tongue, and is intoxicated to the edge of unconsciousness. At times, I wonder whether Danish people can understand each other at all, or if they are just pretending.

(Relevant link)
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

Mmmm danish.

Spoiler
I've never had that cheese danish I see at the store. Is it good? Usually I go for the apple or some other fruit kind.
Spoiler
and shut up I know we're talking about the language but I'm hungry.
[close]
[close]

fabbemannen

Quote from: Jompa on March 03, 2013, 03:22:43 PMYou know what? That was extreeeeemely helpful!! :D That cleared up everything!
Also, the writing in Norwegian isn't called gammelnorsk, it's called bokmål. There's no such thing as gammelnorsk :P
And I agree, Danish sounds like someone with a potato down their throat, Icelandic is incomprehensible and Finnish is just totally weird :P
Glad to help, and I actually did mean bokmål, but since I kinda forgot what it was called I just wrote gammelnorsk ^^ (gammel = old unused way of saying "old")
What cobra said is true though, especially that part about the Danish

Jompa

Quote from: Cobraroll on March 04, 2013, 05:31:34 AMOh, there is. It exists solely to annoy students during the final year of school (I've managed to repress most of those memories, but I seem to recall it is that horrible mix of Norse and Danish that eventually solidified to modern Norwegian).
What really? Never heard of it :P
Quote(Relevant link)
And yes, very relevant.
Birdo for Smash

Saria

Yesterday night, Ruto and I were coming home really late from the violin shop, so the violin teacher, Gregory sent a violist (who was part of his orchestra) to take the same pathway as us home. The violist lives not too far from us, and he has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses. :3

Well anyways, we took the train home together. This Asian guy in the train dropped his wallet on the train floor while he was sitting and talking to his girlfriend. Two gangsters/thugs/stoners/drug addicts/hooligans who covered their eyes with their hoods and were sitting near that Asian guy were trying to slowly take that wallet without that Asian noticing. I didn't notice the wallet, but I noticed the gangsters.

Ruto noticed everything and told me and that violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses. The violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses said out loud to the Asian guy, "You dropped your wallet." The Asian guy saw his wallet on the floor, picked it up and said, "Thanks!"

The two gangsters/thugs/stoners/drug addicts/hooligans were so mad that they didn't get the wallet. They kept whispering about the violist and kept staring at him. I heard them whisper, "F*** that hawt violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses!" Ruto and I told him to switch train cars because they might do something and passed notes to him until we convinced him to get off the train with us. But then the stoners got off the train already so we were good!

After they left the train, all three of us were talking about them. Violist guy said, "Did you notice they were covering their eyes? They were probably drug addicts and trying to hide their red eyes which were caused by weeds! Heh!" to me! =D

Next it was me and Ruto's stop. We got off the train and waved good bye to the violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses.

I WAS SOOOOO SCARED THE GANGSTERS MIGHT DO SOMETHING. I MEAN LIKE, HAWT VIOLIST CANNOT DIE. HE CAN ONLY DIE FROM BEING MOLESTED.

The violist guy was not only extremely talented, but very nice! Glad he was there to save that Asian guy's wallet!
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

TheZeldaPianist275

That's a pretty good story.  Looks like Saria has found her soul mate?  What will Slow say??

:P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

ahh guys quick quick

How would I make a picture of a "Ridiculous Task Giver"? Like the person/being in your traditional video game that gives you random/ridiculous tasks that you need to finish? I never really played something like Halo or CoD that has these, so idk what to do

Its for my club and apparently I was supposed to have it finished today but I just got the email, and now the leader is  angry (I'm basically at the bottom of the food chain in this club). I have absolutely no idea how I would make that into an effective picture though

EDIT: ilu dudeman and blue <3

MassiveMayhem

Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Saria

*Violist. He plays the viola! And I wouldn't describe him as hawt. He just has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Ruto

Quote from: Saria on March 04, 2013, 03:22:22 PMRuto noticed everything and told me and that violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses. The violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses said out loud to the Asian guy, "You dropped your wallet." The Asian guy saw his wallet on the floor, picked it up and said, "Thanks!"

The two gangsters/thugs/stoners/drug addicts/hooligans were so mad that they didn't get the wallet. They kept whispering about the violist and kept staring at him. I heard them whisper, "F*** that hawt violist who has a face that provides me a stimulus that causes me to desire him to be within my ocular senses!" Ruto and I told him to switch train cars because they might do something and passed notes to him until we convinced him to get off the train with us. But then the stoners got off the train already so we were good!

Hey...I was the one that called the Asian guy D: The lowlifes were about to pick up the wallet when the violist called out but I got the Asian guy's attention last minute so he picked it up instead.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

Let Saria have her fantasy. It is important for children to find thier own heroes with strong moral values. The fact that he "has a face that provides [her] a stimulus that causes [her] to desire him to be within [her] ocular senses" is a bonus. Although she should be ashamed for having such impure thoughts, she is only a babe!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

Heyyyy, don't use that term or she'd ask questions about what it means -.- Besides, what I see isn't worrying to me at all. He is really good looking though, but a bit awkward xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.