News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 20, 2013, 08:20:22 AMIt's known as spring break where I'm from.
Where I'm from spring isn't really spring - it's still winter, so calling it spring break is kinda sad :P
Birdo for Smash

Toby

Someone should make a game where everyone sends in their old avatars via pm, then all the pictures are put into a thread and everyone needs to guess through pm who's old avatar belongs to who. Winner gets some sort of prize.

I'd do it but I don't really have the time at the moment. XD

TheZeldaPianist275

Anyone have any tips on how to make some fast cash in the original Legend of Zelda?  I got my magical shield eaten.  :/

blueflower999

I think Levers are good. They pop out of the ground, you can kill them fast, and then move on. I like to make a loop that I keep walking in over and over again, preferably in the lower right corner of the map along the beach where there are lots of levers.

Or you could just burn bushes and hope you find a hidden Moblin cave. Are you doing this without a guide?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 20, 2013, 01:04:37 PMI think Levers are good. They pop out of the ground, you can kill them fast, and then move on. I like to make a loop that I keep walking in over and over again, preferably in the lower right corner of the map along the beach where there are lots of levers.

Or you could just burn bushes and hope you find a hidden Moblin cave. Are you doing this without a guide?

Yes, I am, though I've occasionally peeked at ZeldaDungeon if I'm absurdly stuck.  Those mistranslations.... I'll give it a shot, thanks Blueflower.

blueflower999

The mistranslations are so funny. XD

There's one at the very end in the last dungeon that says the exact opposite of what it means.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

So, now that it's been a few weeks, they actually have a site I can link to. There's something called the Make a Wish Foundation here, and ever year our school has a "Wish Week" where we donate money and raise support for a kid with some sort of disability. Here's the general story of this year: Link
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:53:03 AMI'm working on dungeon 9 in TLoZ, reading an amazing book about the life of Cicero, and just listened to JD's arrangement of one of my favorite vg songs ever.  This day is looking good so far.
Let's just say I smiled.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Jamaha on March 20, 2013, 08:46:22 AMOh right, that starts in a week.

Not that it matters with all the assignments and work.
The glory of having finals finals before spring break

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

I've been meaning to start a new obsession but I can't decide which. ::) So far I have these piled up:

Ace Attorney
Doctor Who
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Finish out the Studio Ghibli films
Pikmin
Madoka Magica
Full Metal Alchemist
Paper Mario??
The few Pokemon movies that I have no recollection of ever watching (Jirachi, Latias, Manaphy, Lucario, Regigigas...wow that's actually a lot)
Any other misc. game/show that I've missed

The problem is, PMD 3 is coming out in a few days and that'll probably consume me completely, along with LoK right around the corner (sometime)  and X and Y will be here after that. I really want to start one of these though :/

Any recommendations?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Pikmin.

Oh for the love of God, Pikmin.

Seriously, start playing Pikmin.

You don't know what living is until you Pikmin.

Pikmin.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Well, considering the first 3 people in a row all said the same thing...  ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude