Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

what if the topic prophecy was destined to be true

me irl
[close]

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

My school had two snow days this week and the English teacher for the juniors/seniors/freshmen cancelled his classes' oral presentations that we're supposed to do next week. Since he's the head of the English department there's a really big chance that mine might get cancelled too and if they do I will seriously cry.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

It's not like you're going to drown or anything.

Olimar12345

Idk about Bubbles, but over here they like to use the excuse "we're not used to driving on icy roads-someone will get hurt!". Lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Waddle Bro

That's why we change tires when it turns winter.

Olimar12345

We normally don't get winter over here though :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

I LOVE SNOW. This is my first year actually living in a place with winter haha, and maybe I'm just innocent from living in California for my whole life, but I've yet to see how "east coast weather" is all that bad. You literally just wear more clothes, and it's fine. As long as you're not driving (and in NYC, A: you're probably not driving, and B: the roads are pretty regularly salted), I don't see how it's all that inconvenient. Plus, it's fucking beautiful.

SuperFireKirby

^This. I don't think I've ever seen anything more beautiful than rural North Carolina when it's snowing. Fuck beaches and palm trees, THAT was my paradise.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

See, over here in Seattle/Portland area (well I think Seattle as well), they refuse to put salt on the roads because of some yuppie environmental thing, and only put some shoddy "deicer" that barely works.  As such, we get all sorts of black ice all over the fucking place, and everybody is terribad at driving with it.  We get snow like once a year, and usually only like an inch, but that's still enough to SHUT EVERYTHING THE FUCK DOWN because people here are just terrified of it for some reason.

Also basically this

"Every time it snows in a big city
everyone is having the exact same conversation."

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

Hey I'm not complaining if the people who close school are oversensitive about snow. It's probably because half of the kids in my school drive themselves and some live an hour away. They manage to get into accidents when the roads are dry, so the school doesn't want to take any risks when they're covered in ice

Also my teacher was absent today and since we don't have substitutes, that's another whole day of class that's pushed back. I can't believe this actually might happen

DrP

I FREAKING love the snow..

And personally, I would love to see San Francisco get snow.. It seems like a city that would look pretty in the snow (except for the fact those steep hills might impair driving)

But alas, I don't live in an area that has snow... in fact, when it drops below 60 degrees, it gets bad.
Just look at this Jimmy Kimmel episode. It is pretty true about here.

fabbemannen

Taking the bike during the winter where I live (Visby) right now is hilarious to watch since the city is basically one big hill next to the sea. I walked with my bike and fully used the frontbreaks...didn't do anything whatsoever.

Oh well, it's always windy here, so the snow disappears pretty quickly.