News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Happy new year!! Um, didn't we at one time have a Holidays thread for this kind of thing?..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

Pit0010

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

SuperFireKirby

So apparently Fukushima's 3rd reactor is currently in meltdown and 89 tons of radioactive fallout are headed for America's west coast. Fun

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

FSM-Reapr

SuperFireKirby

Not sure how legit the source is. Been scanning the webs for more info.

EDIT: Okay, so that wasn't exactly true. There steam pouring out of the 3rd Reactor and no one knows where the fuck it's coming from. The most likely possibility is that it's evaporating from the building's fuel storage pond, and if it dries up a meltdown of the reactor will likely follow.

However there is the possibility that the steam is being caused by molten fuel burning its way through the reactor and coming in contact with ground water, creating steam. But nobody actually know because no one can get close enough to the reactor to investigate without catching a severe case of death.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

But but but Kefka, Winter, DrP, and I don't want extra limbs :(
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Clanker37

Oh extra limbs are good fun. There are many things you can do with extra limbs. Like getting the house work done in half of the time. Hitting people. Showing it off at parties. Or just simply flailing it around at your own will. That is of course, if you don't die from Radiation Poisoning or king hit by someone's third leg.

DrP

No. I don't want to be a mutant so I will have to be forced to live in the sewers of New New York... No thank you.

But now is the time for Japan to start researching some new forms of alternative energy.. perhaps something that can turn waste into energy.

Because who's idea was it to place nuclear power plants in an area with tons of earthquakes and tsunamis (that usually follow the earthquakes)

But the fun part is, since the US Government did most of their nuclear testing in Nevada and eastern California, there has already been a radioactive presence here as well (See below).

Jamaha

I hate how whenever it comes to nuclear energy, things get blown out of proportion. Everyone remembers the Fukushima incident and the couple of hundred people actually exposed to the radiation but what about the over ten thousand who died because of the earthquake. But no, obviously nuclear power is the big evil here.

Also, a fun little chart to put things into perspective
https://xkcd.com/radiation/

Waddle Bro

Quote from: DrP on January 02, 2014, 11:21:11 AMNo. I don't want to be a mutant so I will have to be forced to live in the sewers of New New York... No thank you.
I saw a Futurama reference coming.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FierceDeity

(EDIT: Jamaha), while the comparative number of lives affected is pretty low, the main scare is that it might impact another country (because, deep down, we're all just a bunch of xenophobic, nationalistic assholes, I guess). Admittedly, though, it is kinda scary that a mistake involving energy in one country has the (albeit slim) possibility of endangering lives in a country on the other side of the Pacific ocean.

although, it would still pale in comparison to the number of nuclear related deaths that the US has caused in Japan XD

Dude