News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

DrP

So this just happened

Nintendo is finally flexing their IP muscle and entering the world of smartphone consumers.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

It could go either way and be something really good or really horrible.

But the fact they even did it is why I am really happy!

EDIT: Also this is 6000th post.

Maelstrom

Knowing Nintendo, it will be nothing compared to it's full games. And, keep in mind, Nintendo entered a partnership. They will not be putting all their resources into this.

MaestroUGC

As long as it's Nintendo and its associated developers the ones actually making the games, this will be a very good thing.

Odds are the first thing we'll see are ports of their classic titles, anyway. Yeah, I know Iwata said otherwise, but c'mon.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: DrP on March 17, 2015, 11:09:59 AMSo this just happened

Nintendo is finally flexing their IP muscle and entering the world of smartphone consumers.
As long as they don't completely move out of the console/handheld market, I'll be fine with it: I think this has the opportunity to be a great money printer.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: DrP on March 17, 2015, 11:09:59 AMSo this just happened

Imagining Animal Crossing on smartphone right now it'd be hella dope

InsigTurtle

Maelstrom

It probably won't be microtransaction-free....

DrP

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 17, 2015, 02:22:31 PMAs long as they don't completely move out of the console/handheld market, I'll be fine with it: I think this has the opportunity to be a great money printer.
There's potential. But Nintendo also announced the "NX" system, which may or may not be a handheld.

Nintendo's strongest market segment is their handheld division and it is what is keeping their P&L in a much better position than if they just had the home console division.

One thing I really hope they don't do is make everything "freemium" or have crazy amounts of ads, because that can be a huge buzzkill to something great.

MaestroUGC

I think the NX system he was talking about seems to be more of a linking platform for their soon-to-be smart device platform. I.e. the way you will actually do Nintendo things on your phones and such.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Nah, they used it as an example of what Nintendo is going to be doing beyond working with mobile platforms.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

with Nintendo I could only see free games with ads or 5 buck games.  They said they won't port, so they can't move the 5 dollar games from the eShop to the mobile phone and a touch screen only game would be a (quite annoying) limitation
unmotivated