News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekGeek

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on May 24, 2009, 12:34:47 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on May 24, 2009, 11:11:42 AMWhat the heck is this about :o?
Your name is GreekGEEK-this is supposed to be one of the easiest things for you to understand!

Fios is a Gaelic word.
Not Greek.

There's just fimos in Greek, meaning muzzle.

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: GreekGeek on May 24, 2009, 11:04:28 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on May 24, 2009, 11:11:42 AMWhat the heck is this about :o?
Your name is GreekGEEK-this is supposed to be one of the easiest things for you to understand!

Fios is a Gaelic word.
Not Greek.

Fios is not Gaelic-it's American. It's short for Fiber Optics. Verizon Fios is a TV/internet/telephone hookup. You claim you're a geek BUT I THINK NOT.

SirIngusBingus

Hey! Somebody updated that little news line!

Quotee3 in 9 days!

But E3 is in 7 days.

EDIT: Sorry, double post, didn't realize it.

Tranzlater

Double posting!!!!

Yay Ninja, I just realised.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Yeah I've been Ninja'd for 3 days now. I'm thinking about going eskimo.

Tranzlater

Eskimo sounds good.

I think I may have to change my avvy. I might do a poll.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Tranzlater

Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

I actually yelled " WHERE IS ARNOLD!!!!" in the theater when I realized he wasn't in it. I did the same about William Shatner when I realized he wasn't in the new star trek.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

GreekGeek

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on May 25, 2009, 06:42:24 AM

Fios is a Gaelic word.
Not Greek.

Fios is not Gaelic-it's American. It's short for Fiber Optics. Verizon Fios is a TV/internet/telephone hookup. You claim you're a geek BUT I THINK NOT.
Don't push me, I'm serious.
I'm a GreekGeek, not a geek. I think you know nothing about Greek at all so don't whine.

"[fios] nm. g.+a, knowledge, information, notice, message"
http://www.clanmacrae.org/documents/gaelic-f.htm

SuperFireKirby

right now I'm trying to deside if the line above the link is programming language or not.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 25, 2009, 09:37:11 AMI actually yelled " WHERE IS ARNOLD!!!!" in the theater when I realized he wasn't in it. I did the same about William Shatner when I realized he wasn't in the new star trek.

Doubt it.

and if you did, you're an idiot and I would feel embarrassed for you even if I were at the other end of the theatre.
-

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: GreekGeek on May 25, 2009, 09:59:44 AM
Quote from: SirIngusBingus on May 25, 2009, 06:42:24 AM

Fios is a Gaelic word.
Not Greek.

Don't push me, I'm serious.
I'm a GreekGeek, not a geek. I think you know nothing about Greek at all so don't whine.

"[fios] nm. g.+a, knowledge, information, notice, message"
http://www.clanmacrae.org/documents/gaelic-f.htm

Verizon fios is technically written FiOS-it's two seperate words (Fiber and Optics) put together. You're completely right when you say I know nothing about Greek, but I know more than a fair bit about American English.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=verizon+fios+stands+for

Brassman388

What's the point you're trying to make Ingus? I don't understand at all.