News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

The answer to the moon's beginning question is seriously "WERE U THERE."

So they trick people into thinking spectroscopy and dating methods don't exist AND get money out of it. Nice try, BJU. Unfortunate initials as well. What a scam...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FireArrow

I thought the best part was the electricity thing.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Altissimo

I personally liked the odd glacier explanation and the disclaimer at the end myself.

Onionleaf

That doesn't sound like a particularly helpful textbook, no matter what side of the argument you are on.
I've read an interesting book that scientifically explains some of the stories from Biblical times. Of course, like all scientific theories there is usually no way to prove them 100%, but I was certainly impressed by the amount of evidence collected. Might be better to start from a different book if the subject interests you (unless you'd just like a giggle, which I certainly managed to achieve by reading the blog post). ^^

Altissimo

Nah, the subject doesn't really interest me. I just like giggles.

or well, it interests me inasmuch as i'm now interested to see what Sciences 1-3 are like since this book was Science 4 and what other books from the same publisher (since the post indicated it wasn't the only one) might be like. Oh man I love stuff like this

Maelstrom

There's a reason every christian homeschooling family I know avoided Bob Jones science textbooks like the plague.

Zunawe

Who's idea was it to just say "we don't know what electricity is, we just utilize it incredibly efficiently and the existence of society today as we know it just happens to depend almost entirely on its use"? Like, of all the things to say is unknown, why choose the single most important and one of the most well-understood aspects of physics? Also how did somebody even come up with the idea that electricity comes from the sun?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 20, 2016, 09:16:42 AMThere's a reason every christian homeschooling family I know avoided Bob Jones science textbooks like the plague.

there's a reason every other institution avoids christian homeschooling families like the plague
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

For all of you soundtrack fans out there. I saw this cool video on facebook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_KcYR3KTI

These kids have the cool idea of playing for John Williams outside of his house and he actually comes out and talks to them :P

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

You know it's hot outside when you melt the pavement with your flamethrower before you burn the weed you're pointing at it.

Ruto

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 19, 2016, 11:42:58 PMThat doesn't sound like a particularly helpful textbook, no matter what side of the argument you are on.
I've read an interesting book that scientifically explains some of the stories from Biblical times. Of course, like all scientific theories there is usually no way to prove them 100%, but I was certainly impressed by the amount of evidence collected. Might be better to start from a different book if the subject interests you (unless you'd just like a giggle, which I certainly managed to achieve by reading the blog post). ^^

Trying to argue science? What? It's not a debate, you sort of need to find something called proof and do something called research. I've heard of people using the Bible for some archaeology and a guess about some scientific event, but usually it's not useful enough to be used in place of a real science book. Like when some Chinese astronomers recorded the first supernova, we have a record of the date, a good observation of the event, where it took place in the sky...and detailed enough for it not to be confused with another event.

I thought the moon one was absurd because one of my favorite things to read about is astronomy and that was just pathetic. Pretty sure a degree from there wouldn't be worth a paper it's printed on.

The electricity and the disclaimer lololol. Ever been struck by lightning? Why do buildings need lightning rods? Why shouldn't you drop a hair dryer in the bathtub?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nitro Indigo

I got issue 43 of ONM because I thought they reviewed Klonoa in it, but they didn't...?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Tobbeh99

Eyy, I just reached 100 subscribers! Pretty good! Thinking of making some sort of 100 subs special, although it'll probably just be a regular arrangement video, but somewhat more flashier and more well-done.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

Congrats! All I do for my "specials" is put "Thanks for ___ subscribers" in the video description lol
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.