The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

I always thought it stood for Director's/Developer's System
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on February 09, 2017, 10:19:16 AMDual Screen (or Double Screen, because when I was younger I didn't know the word "dual")
Developer's System (apparently?)
Dual Slot
Digital System
Nintendo Nitro
Nitro Indigo

Spoiler
[close]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

nintenDo Switch

how could we have been so blind
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

In some issue of NGamer, they did a retrospective on a magazine issue from late 2004 (they reviewed The Minish Cap), and it joked that DS stood for Douglas Sinclair, the little man inside the system that makes it work.

Also, I just found out that Exeggcute's French name is Nœunœuf, and it's just so wonderful to try to pronounce. (Noof-en-oof?)

Should I make a video on foreign Pokémon names, the different English versions of Spirit Tracks, a review of Red/Blue Rescue Team, another Do Judge It By Its Cover, or Klonoa: Door to Phantomile Doesn't Make Sense?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

AmpharosAndy

Mystery dungeonnnnn :D I'll watch it!

Just watched the explorers one and I like it. Backs up my previous statement :)
innit

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

I always thought DS stood for dual screen though
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on February 09, 2017, 11:21:06 AMMystery dungeonnnnn :D I'll watch it!

Just watched the explorers one and I like it. Backs up my previous statement :)
You mean Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Doesn't Make Sense? I also sort of want to do a review of Explorers for their 10th anniversary, but I have very conflicted feelings about it/them because I simultaneously feel nostalgia bias and hype backlash towards them.

You know what? I should do a strawpoll.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

The problems with explorers are actually pretty simple ones that do a lot of damage.  First of all, your partner is a total wimp for the majority of the game.  Some people might be fans of that but I prefer the eager overbearing partner from psmd.  Second, time travel is always a weak spot when it comes to story.  They didn't really pull it off.  The gameplay also suffers from your partner AI being an idiot.  I'll admit the story did have some pretty great parts (mostly the dimensional scream as a plot device is really cool) but aside from that it wasn't very remarkable in any way.  The opportunities for unlimited grinding time are fine, but I'd rather have increased experience and not be allowed to pick a non story dungeon than have to spend a few days in game just leveling up.  Explorers is also the game with amp plains in it so I can't complain about that either.  And yeah that's about it really.
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

So is it egg? I'm confused. It's not like I could look it up on the internet now is it!
innit

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 09, 2017, 01:57:26 PMThey didn't really pull it off.

see im the opposite, time travel makes everything better for me

speaking of mystery dungeon, i'm doing a mystery dungeon "catch em all" LP here on Smogon if anyone feels like reading