News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 29, 2017, 07:59:48 AMPeople keep asking me why I get up early and don't drink coffee. I tell them I want to find my own energy and I won't risk getting addicted to coffee. If I can't find my own energy, I'll simply put off arranging until the next day, and go to bed early.
Late, but I'm kinda in the same boat. Only difference is that I rely on power naps in the morning before school if I don't get enough sleep
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2017, 12:48:43 PMIt's more nuanced than you would think Mr high and mighty

Like really, if you take away the fact that he studied black magic his whole life, Darth sidious was just an old dude who thought he could do a better job than the senate

Y, I was kind of into that. The evil basically thinks that the most powerful should rule above the less powerful because if you are stronger than other people, then you can oppress them in order to get more power. In some movies/games they make it way to obvious why the hero is good and why the villain is bad. But in Star Wars and some other games, they make it less obvious and makes reasons why the good are good and the evil are evil.

My favorite character going to be Anakin/Darth Vader. I kind of like how he was first good, but then too emotional, and then let his emotions drag him to the dark side. But also succeeding being a strong lord at the dark side, so he basically was a strong person at both sides. I also like how he still had "some light" left in him as Darth Vader, which is revealed in the very end. Also liked how he, as a Jedi, was not so fine-polished and more emotional. Unlike Luke who is pretty much "Mr Perfect Hero" always does everything right and nothing wrong. Anakin is also kind of like Arthas in Warcraft, who follows the same archetype, -the hero who got too obsessed with his emotions which led to him being a villain/anti-hero.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Real talk:
This has been bugging me and I HAVE to get a second opinion. So, the undersides of my wrists, where those veins are (the ones people cut) are really sensitive. As in, if water drips on them I retract for a second. Well, I recently got stung just a little bit further down my arm, closer to my elbow. But it was enough that lately a big part of my thoughts is on the sensitivity of that area, and I'll just randomly retract and such throughout the day. This has been happening for a good week now. WHAT DO??? >_<
*By retract I mean I'll draw my arms to me and press the underside of my wrist against me. Something about blunt pressure vs. a direct pressure/stimulus (a water drop, for instance) plays in here
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2017, 12:48:43 PMIt's more nuanced than you would think Mr high and mighty

Like really, if you take away the fact that he studied black magic his whole life, Darth sidious was just an old dude who thought he could do a better job than the senate
something something he is the senate
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Dekkadeci

I'm still taking that trip right now.

I passed by a sushi roll restaurant around dinner tonight and every time I looked at it, a version of the "Heart of Nova" theme played by stereotypical Japanese instruments kept playing in my head. I tried switching to other VGM themes being played by stereotypical Japanese instruments and they didn't work as well.

ZeldaFan

I finally found out (with more exactness) why I never had friends growing up

I took the Myers-Briggs personality test, and while I normally don't buy into those, and believe they're usually generalized to suit many different people, my results seem pretty accurate.

I'm an Advocate - INFJ which represents less than 1% of the population. No wonder I felt like I didn't belong

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

SlowPokemon

Cue "post your personality type" string of posts

I'm INTJ
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I'm CMYK, I've always felt like I didn't belong either
unmotivated

triforced1

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 30, 2017, 07:09:55 AMI'm CMYK, I've always felt like I didn't belong either
I got a good chuckle out of that

I'm INFP iirc

Dudeman

Last time I took it I got ISTJ, but now that I'm a few years older I should really sit down and take it again.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I'm fairly sure human personality is so complex that your type would change just depending on your mood
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Y, I haven't really "fit in" very well either. But sometimes these days, I feel like there are times when I don't even want to fit in, because the people inside seems so stupid and I just don't like them.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

LeviR.star

I'm one of those people who is different on the Internet than in real life. Living in a relatively small school, I get to know a lot of people, and don't really have any enemies. I'm involved with Drama, Band, and Choir, and have made a lot of friends through these. I hate to say it, but I haven't done as well here on the site, and I apologize for that.

Should I take this "Myers-Briggs personality test", and if so, does anyone have a link?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements