Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

innit

BrainyLucario

Dang, I've been figured out. The jig is up, you two.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

Ok so I thought it was just a joke but
There's a Facebook page dedicated to the flat earth theory
There are more flat eat there in America than nazis
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

A lot of people probably follow it so they can laugh at it.
innit

LeviR.star

I found this hilarious section of the "Reliability of Wikipedia" Wikipedia article. Classic.

"In July 2008, a 17-year-old student added an invented nickname to the Wikipedia article coati as a private joke, saying coatis were also known as "Brazilian aardvarks". The false information lasted for six years in Wikipedia and came to be propagated by hundreds of websites, several newspapers (one of which was later cited as a source in Wikipedia) and even books published by university presses."

Nowadays, it's hard to get away with this kind of thing.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Coatis are adorable :O why did nobody tell me they exist??
innit

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 06, 2017, 07:59:13 AMI found this hilarious section of the "Reliability of Wikipedia" Wikipedia article. Classic.

"In July 2008, a 17-year-old student added an invented nickname to the Wikipedia article coati as a private joke, saying coatis were also known as "Brazilian aardvarks". The false information lasted for six years in Wikipedia and came to be propagated by hundreds of websites, several newspapers (one of which was later cited as a source in Wikipedia) and even books published by university presses."

Nowadays, it's hard to get away with this kind of thing.
So I guess that's their actual nickname now? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

LeviR.star

I guess. At least, not to the editors of Wikipedia.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

LeviR.star

I actually did a test a few years ago. I made a really small edit to Buzz Aldrin's article, and left. When I returned to the article, I found that it had been already changed.

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Well, I had a personal experience with Wikipedia's accuracy(?). I had to do some research on Nikola Tesla this one time, and I started questioning the legitimacy of the article upon realising every sentence ended with "your Mom."
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 06, 2017, 06:59:28 PMWell, I had a personal experience with Wikipedia's accuracy(?). I had to do some research on Nikola Tesla this one time, and I started questioning the legitimacy of the article upon realising every sentence ended with "your Mom."

That's funny. How long ago was this? Assuming you, by chance, happened to be at the article as soon as it was edited all in one go, I find that claim very believable. There are all sorts of editing trolls out there.

I was searching The Fairly Odd Parents wiki, and this obscure character's profile article heavily relied on stinky vocabulary, especially the "n-word". The next week, when I checked it again, it was changed. The only evidence that remains is within the comments section, making note of the horrible previous draft.

Trainer Ave

I just finished Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare after a month and a half of reading. Why on Earth did it take me so long to finish a book by me favorite author? Well anyway I'm gonna go read The Dark Prophecy now.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server