The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

I'm pretty sure people who are in this "idiot group" you speak of, regardless of gender, are actually idiots.

Tobbeh99

Most of times, I personally, hear about men doing all sorts of bad things. I hear way less of women doing it. Don't know if there is something with men (by nature), having a greater risk of/being more criminal and doing bad immoral things. Idk. haven't looked it up, if that's true.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

I know men are more likely to be convicted of a crime, but that's likely based in gender stereotypes. Please don't go around talking about which gender is less moral. It's not a valid discussion and only ends in sexist opinions and comments.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Zunawe on November 30, 2017, 03:45:21 AMI know men are more likely to be convicted of a crime, but that's likely based in gender stereotypes. Please don't go around talking about which gender is less moral. It's not a valid discussion and only ends in sexist opinions and comments.
true. I have a bad tendency to get into hot topics. I like expressing my opinions and discussing things to get things out of my head and to get things clear, but y..

Completely different

Wow DIO sure was cool guy! A lot of metal artists seem to be really nice people. And I really like the story about Holy Diver. I'd never thought there was such depth behind the song! Also interesting hearing about DIO's growing up religious, and his views on religion(s). 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Trainer Ave

Ok so I'm late to this but I figure I'll mention it anyways. You hear about women committing crimes less often because the media doesn't like to make a big deal out of it. As for what Zunawe said, yes men are more likely to be convicted of a crime. In fact even among men and women who commit the same crime there is a 63% sentencing disparity between the two.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

swimswamit

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on November 30, 2017, 05:56:36 AMOk so I'm late to this but I figure I'll mention it anyways. You hear about women committing crimes less often because the media doesn't like to make a big deal out of it. As for what Zunawe said, yes men are more likely to be convicted of a crime. In fact even among men and women who commit the same crime there is a 63% sentencing disparity between the two.
No, you hear about women committing crimes less because the vast majority of crimes are committed by men
what is shitpost

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dude

Trainer Ave

That is only referring to murder and not all crime as a whole. In general when a woman commits a crime the media is silent about.
I will grant you that more men commit murder than women.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

because stealing lipstick is just as bad as killing people, huh

mastersuperfan

yeah uh maybe the media is "silent" about women's crimes because they prefer to report murders and fewer women commit murder? that's not really a sexism issue in that case
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

Bleh, last weekend three a wrench in my sleep schedule, and I still haven't recovered. So I've been in a kind of survival mode this past week. Hopefully over this weekend I can recalibrate and get some sleep
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

man, that's almost as bad as if it four a wrench
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

It's almost 11 where I'm at, and I'm dying laughing at that for no good reason, and I should've been asleep an hour ago :/
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]