change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Building my Computer, anyone else?

Started by Link Freak, March 13, 2008, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

I got my GX2.  It is massive.

This better work or I'm selling everything and then killing myself.
-

Link Freak

Harvest

ugh omg.

I installed XP on my PC.

When I boot it gets stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data"  I tried every fucking thing out there and it wont boot!

What the fuck do I do?
-

Link Freak

Did you try reinstalling it? Have you had the problem before? How old is the hard drive? What Motherboard are you using?

My guess is the hard drive. Or it's a borked install of XP.

KefkaticFanatic

Google is your friend.

QuoteIssue:

Computer stops at verifying dmi pool data.
Cause:

This issue can be caused by any of the below reasons.

1. Corrupt boot files on the computer.
       2. Settings for hard disk drive are not correct.
       3. Floppy diskette or CD in computer causing issue.
       4. Boot devices not set properly.
       5. BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly.
       6. Connections loose or disconnected.
       7. Bad Hard disk drive or other bad hardware.

Solution:
Corrupt boot files on the computer

If the computer has no bootable files on the drive it is attempting to boot from it is possible that the computer may halt at " verifying dmi pool data...".

To resolve this issue:

* Boot from a bootable floppy diskette. Ensure that this diskette was made on the same Microsoft Windows operating system that is installed on your computer.
        * Once at the A:\> prompt type "sys c:" and press enter. This should report the message "File system transferred". Once transferred remove the diskette and reboot the computer.

If the computer continues to not boot attempt to re-create the master boot record by booting from the bootable floppy diskette again. Once at the A:\> prompt type "fdisk /mbr" and press enter. This should return you to the prompt without giving you any message. Once at the prompt remove the diskette and reboot the computer.

Additional information about the "fdisk /mbr" command can be found on document CH000175.

Note: The above information only applies to Microsoft Windows users. If you are running a Linux / Unix variant or other operating system such as OS/2 and the computer is freezing at this DMI message ensure that Linux / Unix has been properly installed first and/or your boot manger is not corrupt.

Settings for hard disk drive are not correct

The computer freezing at "verifying dmi pool data..". may be caused when the hard disk drive settings within CMOS are not set properly. Enter CMOS and verify that the hard disk drive settings are set properly and/or that it is set to Auto Detect.

Additional information about CMOS can be found on our CMOS help page.

Floppy diskette or CD in computer causing issue

Verify no floppy diskette or CD is in the computer. In some cases the computer may be trying to boot from either of these drives causing issues with the boot sequence.

Boot devices not set properly

The computer stopping at " verifying dmi pool data..." can be caused when the boot devices on your computer are not set properly in CMOS. First, verify that no CD or diskette is in your computer. If a CD or diskette is in the computer attempt to remove this first to determine if it was attempting to boot from it.

If No CD or diskette is in the computer and your computer still halts at the DMI message enter CMOS and verify that the boot options are set properly. We commonly recommend that the floppy be set the first boot device, hard drive as the second boot device and the CD-ROM as the third boot device.

BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly

If none of the above recommendations have resolved your issue attempt to reset the BIOS / CMOS settings to the factory or default settings.

Connections loose or disconnected

If the computer has been recently moved or new hardware has been installed in the computer it is possible that a connection may be loose or even disconnected. Verify that the hard disk drive, floppy and CD-ROM cables are properly connected.

Bad hard disk drive or other bad hardware

If you computer continues to freeze at the DMI message after attempting all of the above recommendations it is possible that the computer may be freezing because of a bad hard disk drive or other bad hardware in the computer.

Before replacing any hardware we first recommend you attempt to fdisk, delete the partition, re-create the partition and reinstall your computer operating system. Additional information about this process can be found on document CH000186.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

If you can't read it then just zoom in your browser or click the link.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

I'm not fucking stupid.  Of course I used google.

Notice how I said I tried everything out there?
-

David Hauffe

Harvest

Guys, its working.

I must say, its freaking amazing.  Seriously, I am totally blown away.

Ok, so since I'm running XP it only lets me run on High settings.  But there was some thing where you change the cfg file to let you run very high.  I did that, and it says that everything that says high is now very high.  Ok so I'm running this on these supposed very high settings though I can't tell if I am but I did notice an improvement with shadows and such when changing.  Running in 1680x1050.

Runs smoothly!!!!!!

Crysis is one of the best games I have ever played!  though it is a little tough, I'm on easy and it is still a little hard.
-

PianoMan

You guys must all be geniuses. I have no clue about any of this.