New Submissions for Jan 9th Update (Update is up! :) )

Started by Nintendude73, December 19, 2009, 10:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

READ ALL OF THIS OR I WILL FEED YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO AN EXCEEDINGLY METICULOUS GIRAFFE.

THIS UPDATE, REVISIONS COUNT AS NORMAL SUBMISSIONS.  PLEASE INDICATE IF AN ARRANGEMENT IS A REVISION.  OTHERWISE I WILL ASSUME IT IS NEW.

THE GUIDELINES TO FORMATTING ARE HERE, THEY ARE INCREDIBLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND: FOLLOW THEM.  IT WILL MAKE MY JOB SO MUCH EASIER AND I'LL LOVE YOU MORE.

For the next update. ;D  You may post a single post with 5 songs you think are ready for submission.  I will go through this topic over the course of the week and check the submitted songs.  Hopefully around next Sunday-ish, I'll have a selection of songs that are ready for upload and I'll update.  NOTE: Due to my new and ever-changing college schedule, this update may take more than a week to get up.  Just be patient!

SPECIAL NOTES:  If one or more of your songs did not get accepted in the last thread, you may repost those and FIVE more songs for submission. Unless I tell you otherwise.  Also, I'm willing to accommodate special interests, but don't just assume you have special permission if I haven't given it to you explicitly.

(All Submission topics are still in this thread, just no longer stickied.)

vvvvvvv I'm not being this nice any more.  Format your sheets correctly on your own, or I will reject them. vvvvvvv
I now have Finale 2009, so I will be able to fix small formatting issues with songs if that's the only problem.  But PLEASE make this easier on me and just format it correctly yourself the first time.  The easier on me you all are, the longer I'll be able to keep up updates without hating myself and getting frustrated.I WILL ALSO CHECK FOR COPYRIGHT AND NEW NSM URL SO PLEASE EDIT THIS, TOO.  I don't care if the guidelines say it's optional.  I want it.  It looks nicer.
^^^^^^^ I'm not being this nice any more.  Format your sheets correctly on your own, or I will reject them. ^^^^^^^

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept both or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and either accept or reject, editing your post as necessary
6.  Around Sunday, I'll close the thread to submissions
7.  When I start the update, I'll close the thread to revisions
8.  All of the songs I have accepted will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.  Don't muck up my nice thread.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-How can I respond to your comments in my post? Edit your post or PM me.
-What if I disagree with your rejection comments? Edit your post to appeal.  If it starts getting too long-winded we'll take it to PM.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.
-Just wondering, if someone's made their own Submission thread, do they still have to post in here? If so, then why?  Yes, they still have to post in here.  It is much more convenient for the updater if all of the songs that are up for submission are in one place.  We don't have to click through a hundred threads, many of which are dead, and figure out which songs each person has that are ready for submission.

dahans

Dahans' arrangments:

(You said 5 submissions are possible, if just 3 are possible, plz choose the 3 you like best thx)

Luigi Circuit MKDD:
[MUS] [MIDI]

(Koopa Village Paper Mario:
[MUS] [MIDI])

Slateport City R/S:
[MUS] [MIDI]

Route 12 Pokémon RBY:
[MUS] [MIDI]

Trainer Battle RBY:
[MUS] [MIDI]
I know that this is impossible to play, but I can't make it easier. It doesn't sound good, if it's "playable".

Good Egg Galaxy SMG:
[MUS] [MIDI]

Nintendude73: Luigi Circuit is accepted, make sure you write the game's name correctly...

Koopa Village... if the red notes are supposed to be played by the left hand, why not put them in the bass clef.  It would make the sheet much nicer looking.  I also think the tempo is a little fast for this one.  There's already a version of this on the site, and although I think yours might be more accurate notewise, the one on the site is cleaner and I think the tempo is correct.

Route 12... most of the red notes at the beginning are unnecessary, just make chords on the first layer.

Trainer Battle... I refuse to accept songs that are impossible to play.  What is the point of having SHEET MUSIC that someone can't even physically play?

Good Egg Galaxy is accepted.  I honestly can't believe we don't have a version of this on the site yet.

Dahans: Everything changed, instead of Koopa Village (since it's already on the site), I changed to submit Sllateport City instead. Trainer Battle is made playble now, every single note can be played. I hope it's OK.

Nintendude73: Nice work, all accepted now.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Olimar12345

[GCN]-Pikmin2-Awakening wood "olimar"- MUS Midi

[GCN]-Pikmin2-Awakening wood "Louie"- MUS Midi

[Dsi-Ware]-Birds and Beans-Pyoro's theme1- MUS Midi

[SNES]-Super Mariokart-Dk Junior's Victory- MUS Midi

[N64]-Body Harvest-Calm Theme- MUS Midi

Nintendude73: All accepted, nice work.  Yay Pikmin!

Olimar12345: Horray! \(^o^)/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

nacho2420

[N64]-Mario Party - Everyone's a Super Star
[MUS]
[MIDI]

[N64]-Mario Party 2 - The Way To play
[MUS]
[MIDI]

[N64]-Paper Mario - Paper Mario Medley
[MUS]
[MIDI]

[Wii]-Super Mario Galaxy - Title Screen
[MUS]
[MIDI]

[Wii]-Super Mario Galaxy - Birth
[MUS]
[MIDI]

Nintendude73: All accepted, beautiful work.  The Paper Mario Medley is great, I'd almost like to see each song on its own. ;)

The Deku Trombonist

These are all revisions/replacements:

[GCN] Animal Crossing

[N64] Banjo Tooie

[N64] Mario Kart 64

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Nintendude73: All accepted.  Would you mind redoing all of the crap songs on the site?  kthx. :P

Tranzlater

haven't done anything for the past 5 months- anyway here is my last arrangement

[NES]-Mother-Twinkle elementary school
MUS
MIDI

Nintendude73: Accepted, because you included that note on the reaches.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Kimmel

Revision

[DS] Animal Crossing: Wild World ~ K.K. Western ~ Kim Duy Vo   Difficulty: Moderate - Hard
MUS | MIDI | PDF

Nintendude73: This is a very nice arrangement and all, but it doesn't seem very accurate to the original song.

Kimmel: Really? I used this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WuuIqxogTc
It sounds correct to me... At which part are you referring?

Nintendude73: The bass part doesn't match the actual song at all.

Kimmel: I've pianofizied (does this word exist ^.^?) that piece to let it sound good on the piano. That's what you call an arrangement of a piece, but if you don't like it, then I'll have to accept this. Based on your anwser, you are not going to upload my sheet?

Nintendude73: Eh, I'll accept it anyway.  It sounds very nice and is definitely far better than the one on the site.  I wish it was closer to the original, but I guess pianofication is acceptable. :P

Kimmel: Ah, thank you.
Sorry for my English ^.^

Tangy

[PC] Wolf - Selecting A Wolf - [MUS] ~ [MIDI]

Nintendude73: Accepted.

Qew

OH GODS PLEAASSSEEEE PPPLLLLLEEEEAAASSSE WORK YOU ACCURSED MEDIAFIRE

I mean um... >_> here

[PC] Magic School Bus Explores in the Age of Dinosaurs - Dino Sizer
~~MIDI: http://www.mediafire.com/file/utunqyyg2yn/Dino Sizer.MID
~~MUS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uvzezmmamme/dino sizer.MUS

Nintendude73: Accepted.  Make sure to italicize game name, I did it for you this time.

marioguy

What happened to the Detective Conan theme I submitted?

Nintendude73: See the other thread.  I gave a reason there.

Dimentio

I hope they're good enough for submission...

[GBA] Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - Cackletta's Theme
       MUS: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwgoyemt0mi
       MID: http://www.mediafire.com/?myumn4d2wzj

[DS] Mario & Luigi Partners in Time - Bowsers Battle
     MUS: http://www.mediafire.com/?yntkmftuyzo
     MID: http://www.mediafire.com/?irknyw3mnwt

Nintendude73: Accepted.
“Master of Dimensions... Pleaser of crowds... I am...Dimentio!”

Nintendude73

Submissions are closed for the next update.  I will sweep the posts today, and will put the update up tomorrow.  Once I have swept the posts, any corrections will be accepted through the end of tomorrow.  Probably.

Nintendude73

Well... it looks like everything submitted this week has been accepted, so I'll get on with the update. :)

dahans

Well done Nintendude! When do you create the next thread for submitting? ;D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

^I guess... next time he knows he will have time to update within the coming two weeks.

Mid-June, perhaps. But the updates come rapidly during summer.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.