News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Repeats won't work?

Started by universe-X, December 23, 2009, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Hey everyone! It's that guy over there  :P Anyways I'm here to complain about a problem in Finale Notepad 2008 (Yeah, I'm cheap). I'm working on an SMB Medley and for some reason, wherever there's a repeat the "marker" skips over it and continues to the note after the repeat. This also happens when I play the MUS in Finale Reader 2010. Any help/suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated.  ;D

MaestroUGC

Notepad is heavily handicapped. The repeats are only for show, you need a higher version for it to take the repeat in playback.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

Well, do you think it would be good enough to go on site?

Here's my MUS file as of now, but dahans is fixing formatting issues:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jo2vnq2zyrh

MaestroUGC

Well, it needs to be cleaned up alot, but for the most part it's a pretty good medley. You might want to rezise the underground theme (Make it a little easier to read, those dotted rhythms are a bear to interpret) and the pipe effect (Remove those inner notes of the chords, its only a gliss).
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

I guessed I should've done that with th pipe. And as for the Undeground theme, I guess I could've gone 3/4 with it, execpt I couldn't and, you know the rest. Should I just tie the notes? Because I'm mainly going for sound on these songs.  :-\

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

Please and thank you! :)

Also, for the 3 beats of rest after the underwater theme, could you take those out please?