News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The New Year's Resolution Topic!

Started by universe-X, December 30, 2009, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Dude on December 27, 2011, 07:24:46 PMI'll probably try not to masturbate as much next year.

...Nah
fucking tmi

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

triforced1

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 27, 2011, 03:39:46 PMResolutions for this year. Hm.

1. 100 Straight Wins at the battle tower in Pearl. :I
2. National Pokedex. D:
3. Keep at least a B in language arts.
4. Start exercising every day. D:
5. Start practicing piano every day. :P
6. Get an A in science.
7. Work my butt off in AP Stat.
8. Hang out with friends at least once a week, but not so it gets in the way of schoolwork.
9. Be more organized. D:
10. Get less viruses. DD:
11. Frivolous
12. Get a good start in the eleventh grade.
You summed up everything for me... except replace language arts and AP stats with AP History. :I

Mashi

Quote from: ETFROXX on December 27, 2011, 09:59:43 PM<3333333333333
so professor laytons theme and can you feel the love tonight then
im not making sheet music so umm
someone make a resolution to make a(n easy) violin solo for those two songs pls

EDIT: I'm going to make a serious list too!

1. Learn Spanish
2. Learn Latin
3. Learn AP Biology (And receive a 5 on the exam, otherwise I'll be really sad :( )
4. Learn AP Statistics (Technically for next school year though.  Considering that the class is a joke though, I should have no trouble at least!)
5. Practise Piano
6. Practise Guitar
7. Practise Violin
8. Join the Tennis team through a miracle even though I'm categorically terrible in comparison to everyone on the team.
9. Write a story (Running out of resolutions!!!!!!!!!)
10. Increase my vocabulary by 2000 words.
11. Arrange stuff I guess?????????
12. Accomplish 1+ Resolution. B)

Jamaha

I promise nothing.

Okay, I'll try to finish NSM362.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Mashi on December 27, 2011, 10:34:37 PMso professor laytons theme and can you feel the love tonight then
im not making sheet music so umm
someone make a resolution to make a(n easy) violin solo for those two songs pls

EDIT: I'm going to make a serious list too!

1. Learn Spanish
2. Learn Latin
3. Learn AP Biology (And receive a 5 on the exam, otherwise I'll be really sad :( )
4. Learn AP Statistics (Technically for next school year though.  Considering that the class is a joke though, I should have no trouble at least!)
5. Practise Piano
6. Practise Guitar
7. Practise Violin
8. Join the Tennis team through a miracle even though I'm categorically terrible in comparison to everyone on the team.
9. Write a story (Running out of resolutions!!!!!!!!!)
10. Increase my vocabulary by 2000 words.
11. Arrange stuff I guess?????????
12. Accomplish 1+ Resolution. B)

I have the violin part for mine! I made an arrangement. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 27, 2011, 07:27:03 PMDude get on 3ds swapnote nao
...At first I was worried that it had something to do with the post above. Good thing it wasn't. :P

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 27, 2011, 10:07:03 PMfucking tmi
Haven't you learned anything about NSM?

Raymondbl

1. Get more sleep
2. Try to practice piano 4 hours every session this year
3. Get a decent score on the SAT
4. Be smarter in social life aka being more mature
5. Focus on everything I do
6. Be happy.

And BTW to anyone who cares I stopped playing violin. Don't have enough time.

I guess you guys don't need to make so long of a list, stick with a small group of related things and whittle at it until you're finished and relax the rest of the year.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Winter

Quote from: Dude on December 28, 2011, 12:59:56 PMHaven't you learned anything about NSM?

It was a bit much though. Try not to do that.

Dude

FINE I WON'T TALK ABOUT MASTURBATING NEXT YEAR AS WELL. AREN'T YOU HAPPY.

Winter

Dude

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

I sort of disagree with the point of the article.  I feel that it's better to lack a resolution in the first place.  We shouldn't be thinking with the mindset that we need to accomplish certain tasks in a year or to wait for a particular year to solve particular problems.  It seems irrational to me to annually address problems that one would like to resolve.  Furthermore, I find it absolutely frivolous for people to consider that they won't accomplish any of their resolutions; well of course they won't, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy!  This negativity that these resolutions create will problem only hinder growth, not promote it.

I would find it better for people to treat the year as another year and, rather than coerce themselves to change by creating a ridiculous deadline, they change gradually and slowly, as people usually do unconsciously (If you want examples of this, find an essay you wrote 2 or 3 years ago and compare it with an essay you wrote recently.  If any of you are like me, the colossal change (Well, I hope there is one, otherwise, I must have been really dumb!) should leave you in awe).  Radical change seldom ever accomplished much; during the French Revolution, once the radical Robespierre caused the Reign of Terror and we all know how badly that ended!  I feel that it's better for one to naturally say to oneself that he/she wants to solve a problem, not for the end of the year to alert them.  This permits people to take on one problem at a time (Rather than sporadically.) and accomplish gradual and permanent change.  People change radically every year, the change is just very slow and is therefore unnoticeable to us all.

The only solution is to change your Resolutions to "Frivolous".

EDIT: Actually, after inspecting the article a bit more, I suppose it is dissuading people from having Resolutions (Or hoping to convince them to rethink how they create them).  But either way, my point remains.

DOUBLE EDIT: I lied in my other post.  Apparently, I incorrectly recalled the price of the violin.  I'll buy it later, once I appropriate the money.

Bubbles

I was going to create a new thread, I didn't even know this one existed!

I never really believed in new years resolutions but recently I've realized the importance. In 2015 I will:
  • Finish a paper/assignment earlier than the night before its due (at least once, I'm being optimistic)
  • Try to stop avoiding certain people
  • Keep a daily diary of events
  • Finish learning a second language enough to understand basic conversation
  • Run at least every other day (I know working out is extremely cliched but I've actually done it for most of the fall!!)
  • Try to eat something each day that isn't either noodle or cheese based
  • Invite someone to the movies or out to eat somewhere
  • Redecorate my room

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on December 30, 2014, 06:15:30 PMI was going to create a new thread, I didn't even know this one existed!

I never really believed in new years resolutions but recently I've realized the importance. In 2015 I will:
  • Finish a paper/assignment earlier than the night before its due (at least once, I'm being optimistic)
  • Try to stop avoiding certain people
  • Keep a daily diary of events
  • Finish learning a second language enough to understand basic conversation
  • Run at least every other day (I know working out is extremely cliched but I've actually done it for most of the fall!!)
  • Try to eat something each day that isn't either noodle or cheese based
  • Invite someone to the movies or out to eat somewhere
  • Redecorate my room
I challenge you on that 3rd one
unmotivated