News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The New Year's Resolution Topic!

Started by universe-X, December 30, 2009, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Quote from: jake3343 on December 31, 2010, 06:14:11 PMEveryone who posted resolutions last year should say if they accomplished them.

Forgot to mention this. Yeah guys, did you accomplish your 2010 ones?

Maretocks

Quote from: jake3343 on December 31, 2010, 06:14:11 PMEveryone who posted resolutions last year should say if they accomplished them.
Don't ask stupid questions.

Oh, I did finish Clanker's. Only recently though. :3
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

MaestroUGC

I finished several compositions that were previously unfinished as well as some new ones.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maretocks

I'm hazy on that one...:3

Ehh. What's the difference between a girlfriend, and a best friend that you cna show affection for?

Ahh, I would love to actually have some decent knowledge to be able to compose.

NEW RESOLUTION: Write a song. ;D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

DrP

Quote from: Maretocks on December 31, 2010, 06:37:47 PMWhat's the difference between a girlfriend, and a best friend that you cna show affection for?

Not if your bestfriend's a dude... it's kinda weird, well for me it is (unless it's a bromance, then its ok, I guess) -- I really don't know anymore...

--------
Resolution 1911. Yes, I make formal resolutions like a contract/formal document.... it includes all major resolutions (Lent and New Years)

• Lose 30 Pounds
  • Find a Girlfriend
  • Spend a Max of $15 a week on Starbucks
  • Quit Soda
  • File a Tax Return with appropriate schedules
  • Complete first year of College
  • Have my best friend come and visit college
  • Finish my novel
  • Gain semi-fluency in French and significant knowledge in another language
  • Go to Canada
  • Follow Lenten Resolution - Go vegan for 4 days, vegetarian for 1 and eat meat and other stuff on weekends. Will complement 1 and 3 on the list

Jub3r7

Wow.
My list is much shorter, until I come up with more.
I really need to get my grades up.  :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Finish Random Madness. Write somerthing new. Satisfy my piano teacher's never ending demands requests. Compose something worth listening to. Plucking up the courage to ask this girl out wouldn't hurt. Practice everything twice as often and twice as hard. Keep my grades up. Be less lazy. Be less arrogant. Be less egocentric. Be less of a jerk. Be less opinionated. Cut down my posting frequency.

Get some self-esteem, for God's sake. :(
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

I broke mine. Or rather, my PC broke, so it could only run in Safe Mode for a while. Thus, the resolution was changed to 800x600. However, once I got it back from repair, I turned it back to 1440x900. Think I'll go for the same resolution next year.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

GaryOak

Hmm...I have never really done these. But let's see

• Take better care of myself
  • Must get to study
  • Practise piano more and play less
  • Play at least 10 rpgs
  • New record in javelin throw
  • Try my best at work
  • Read more books(I read about 3 books this last year :()
  • Beat Ash
  • Make compositions
  • Get 100 subscribers in youtube(thanks for the nsmers who helped me with this yesterday ;D)

That's enough.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Nana1Popo2

well i crossed out the ones i finished completely (from my last years resolution)

as for this year?

- take chances.
- be a more confident person and leader
- if voted back for Drum Major, be a better one.
- try harder in school. especially AP Physics.
- Be successful in a certain "field" that has always brought me down.
- ACTUALLY finish a band arrangent of a song. I have to bring in at least one arrangement and successfully play it.
- Be responsible, and really make everything right.
- im sure there are more...

I hope this year is a good one. There were many ups and downs last year, so lets make this year better. :p
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Jub3r7

Oh, right! I also need to get my black trainer card in Pearl by the end of the year...

I still need the national dex, master's rank competition, and... Oh yeah...
100 straight wins at the battle tower.  :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 31, 2010, 09:46:33 PMFinish Random Madness. Write somerthing new. Satisfy my piano teacher's never ending demands requests. Compose something worth listening to. Plucking up the courage to ask this girl out wouldn't hurt. Practice everything twice as often and twice as hard. Keep my grades up. Be less lazy. Be less arrogant. Be less egocentric. Be less of a jerk. Be less opinionated. Cut down my posting frequency.

Get some self-esteem, for God's sake. :(

Nope. Kind of. I'm managing. I think so. Ha, we knew that wasnt happening. Meh. A bit. Not really. Haha nope. Somewhat. Yes. I keep them more to myself. Yep.

12 New Years Resolutions for 2012:
1. Get a girlfriend. This would imply someone I like and someone who likes me. (::))
2. Finish composing music for "Trapped" (I'm like 90% done).
3. Compose at least twenty songs the next year, good songs. Not including the music above.
4. Arrange at least twenty songs the next year, and at least five of others' requests.
5. Keep my goddamn history grade to at least a B.
6. Make an A in at least five classes.
7. Stop fighting so much with my siblings and be a nicer person to them and my parents.
8. Make it to GHP next summer (my interview in Februrary will determine this).
9. Hang out with friends socially way more often and be more socially adventurous.
10. Stop getting hung up on girls who don't care that much about me.
11. Practice the piano way more often, and twice as hard. If I'm serious about a career in film scoring, I'd better get better. In addition, memorizing Chopin's Raindrop Prelude would be beneficial to my health.
12. Be my own person, stop caring so much about others' opinions while still caring about them as people, be confident, and be an all-around better person.

Everybody else make twelve and do your best to follow them!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Making one for the entire year is silly, but one of my short term goals is to start laddering regularly.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Resolution: Find a way to make updates happen regularly. (After I get a job)

Anyways, gotta go... Turning in 3 applications in Wilsonville. (See, I'm trying xD)