The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Some people really are "bad test-takers", which I don't completely understand, because as Daniel Tosh puts it, "Oh, you struggle with that part where we find out what you know?" But in actuality, I do know some otherwise intelligent people who fall under this category, so I wouldn't really discredit it. It has to do with performance under pressure, as well as how well you're able to think critically using the information given on the test (I can't tell you how many times my grade's been saved by going back and changing my answer based on information given in a later question/problem).

However, everybody else is typically complaining about that 1/4 of the time that they're not easier. Classes for higher level subjects often forego other grading entirely; many people I know have to deal with classes where the grade is just a midterm and a final.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 01, 2015, 12:36:46 PMhave fun.

I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal out of tests though, like 3/4 of the time they're easier than the rest of the class

You're also not in college tho
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 01, 2015, 12:36:46 PMI don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal out of tests though, like 3/4 of the time they're easier than the rest of the class
That's because you study that makes the test "easier"
It's more of the anxiety and studying that makes the test "hard"

KefkaticFanatic

I only have one remaining course with 1 midterm and 1 final, the feels are gud

me irl
[close]

DrP

Ugh. It's been in the 90s for the past 3 days and my apartment gets horrible ventilation, so it feels like 100 and humid even with the doors and windows open :(

Thank god I'm gonna be on the East coast for 2 weeks!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PMwhat are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness
new sig kthx
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: DrP on May 01, 2015, 04:01:50 PMUgh. It's been in the 90s for the past 3 days and my apartment gets horrible ventilation, so it feels like 100 and humid even with the doors and windows open :(

Thank god I'm gonna be on the East coast for 2 weeks!
Here, it was 101 today.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 01, 2015, 01:09:39 PMYou're also not in college tho
joke's on you I actually am in college
hence the trying to get my associate's part
unmotivated

Bubbles

I don't think taking college courses while still in high school counts as "being in college"

I'm taking both the physics SAT and AP tests in the next week. For some reason they don't even have the same material on them ://

mikey

if you want to be that technical then I actually reached the required amount of credits a semester ago so yes, I'm out of high school
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 01, 2015, 06:33:25 PMif you want to be that technical then I actually reached the required amount of credits a semester ago so yes, I'm out of high school

It's actually totally different and I knew your situation when I made that post
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 01, 2015, 06:33:25 PMif you want to be that technical then I actually reached the required amount of credits a semester ago so yes, I'm out of high school
Having the credits and actually having the diploma are two totally different things.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

My stomach feels so gross and I'm hanging with friends tomorrow why this
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Saria

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 01, 2015, 12:36:46 PMhave fun.

I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal out of tests though, like 3/4 of the time they're easier than the rest of the class

what kind of school are you in
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday