The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 29, 2012, 06:35:34 PMI know, I just love music more than anything else and really want to pursue it. I'm not sure if anybody I know irl gets just how much I love music. Or even some of you guys. I definitely want to learn more about it and go into a music career but I don't know if I see it amounting to much.

I thought you were interested in studying English at one point XD I only know one guy from my old school who went into music actually. I don't talk to him...so I don't know if he's successful or anything. I think he's still actually studying.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Yeah I was... I wanted to be an english teacher at one point.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 29, 2012, 06:14:45 PMBoo freakin hoo.  Here in the good ol US of A I get to pay $10k per quarter JUST for tuition. (3 in a standard cycle if I don't take summer)  And that doesn't include any kind of housing or extra fees or supplies etc etc
As far as developed countries go, I'm pretty sure the US is one of if not the worst with this kind of thing .-.
Well, you pay out-of-state, right?

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 29, 2012, 05:57:22 PMI'm sorry this is off topic, but you have the same keyboard I do!!!
Same here.

Quote from: spitllama on March 29, 2012, 06:48:08 PMThe US is only bad in lower education. The colleges are actually highly ranked.

If you're talking about tuition though, yah. We suck.
Yep. I paid $2,662 this year per quarter. We do have some pretty nice things.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 29, 2012, 06:35:34 PMI know, I just love music more than anything else and really want to pursue it. I'm not sure if anybody I know irl gets just how much I love music. Or even some of you guys. I definitely want to learn more about it and go into a music career but I don't know if I see it amounting to much.
Double major! Major in Music and something practical... or minor in it!

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 29, 2012, 05:57:22 PMI'm sorry this is off topic, but you have the same keyboard I do!!!
Yamaha YPG-635.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

Slow... minor in music or at least go for music engineer.  You'll just be another 7-11 clerk if you keep that attitude.

And yea, it is out of state tuition, but in state is still like 7k per quarter.  My options for in state schools were all garbage, soooooooo -.-

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 30, 2012, 12:23:23 AMSlow... minor in music or at least go for music engineer.  You'll just be another 7-11 clerk if you keep that attitude.

And yea, it is out of state tuition, but in state is still like 7k per quarter.  My options for in state schools were all garbage, soooooooo -.-
That's still cheap on the national scale.
UCs are $10k+ per quarter
CSUs are about $2100, CP is $2700 a quarter.

And Slow... Music Engineers have some pretty great jobs... you can work in acoustics and concert hall design!
Or go for something practical... unless you absolutely want to just become a music professor... than have at it. It's a fun equivalent to an English or Communications degree or a non Accounting or Finance Business degree

Jub3r7

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 30, 2012, 12:23:23 AMSlow... minor in music or at least go for music engineer.  You'll just be another 7-11 clerk if you keep that attitude.
A ton of music majors end up switching majors, which makes me disappoint. :(
However, if you really want it and feel like there's no way you're going to change it, it might be worth your time...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jamaha

Bam, job application....denied.

Also it's snowing again. AND SPRING WAS COMING ALONG SO NICELY BEFORE!

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

Quote from: JaMaHa on April 02, 2012, 09:39:00 AMAlso it's snowing again. AND SPRING WAS COMING ALONG SO NICELY BEFORE!

Same here. u_u

Eh, feel like shit today, don't know why... hopefully my day's almost over, I'll be able to chill in my bed soon... I want to go back to sleep and hope I wake up tomorrow.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Kman96

I stupidly dumped my girlfriend about 2 months ago, and when I finally realized that I had screwed up majorly and I wanted to get her back, she was already with another guy... We hadn't even been together a year, and I still am not sure why I broke up with her in the first place...now I'm just waiting for my chance to jump back into the game.
Party Hard!
[close]

Raymondbl

Quote from: Kman96 on April 04, 2012, 08:37:17 AMI stupidly dumped my girlfriend about 2 months ago, and when I finally realized that I had screwed up majorly and I wanted to get her back, she was already with another guy... We hadn't even been together a year, and I still am not sure why I broke up with her in the first place...now I'm just waiting for my chance to jump back into the game.
In what manner did you dump her.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Ruto

My professor kind of tricked me into coming to work today -.- I haven't actually done anything wrong (like she said in the message), she just had 20 exams waiting for me to grade.

Edit: Grammar fail XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Fleetstar The Flygon

For the first time in forever the weather decided to clear up.
What's really sad is that whenever I go outside, I start squinting even when I'm in the shade, like a vampire. Is that how everybody is in Washington?  All I know is it's a big change from Texas. That's for sure.  :(

KefkaticFanatic

I mean I'll squint a bit if I come from inside, but your eyes should adapt quite quickly .-.

Very nice days we've had here recently though ^^ A nice break from the eternal rain and overcast and random spring snow...

me irl
[close]