News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

2 months ago i canceled a trip and they both said some really disrespectful things and so i have been ignoring them for 2 months and now one of them is trying to pretend like nothing happened and when I (today) told her why that wouldn't fly because of how disrespectful that was, she immediately got defensive and is now basically turning herself into the victim of my "attacking"/"lashing out"/"putting her under fire"/"making her the demon" (all her words) when I was being 100% civil, if a little overdramatic. She's always been like this and I have put up with her trampling on me for years because she's fun to hang out with and when i DARE to say things arent idyllic she has a conniption

mikey

wait so a friend is willing to still be friends with you and it's a GIRL but you say no?
I don't get it
unmotivated

Dudeman

As I see it, the problem is that this friend is refusing to acknowledge that she mistreated Alti in the past and is instead accusing her of being aggressive and overbearing because the friend doesn't want to admit that she did something wrong. Which is totally unfair and jerkish.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

For one thing I *am* a girl so it's not that bizarre.

For another thing yea Dudeman is on point. I was a little aggressive when I told her I was upset but her response was, like always, to go on the defensive and refuse to actually listen to my Point.

Dudeman

That's awful. :( I hope you guys are able to patch things up. Maybe you should start looking for some other friends, though.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 20, 2015, 08:51:54 PMwait so a friend is willing to still be friends with you and it's a GIRL but you say no?
I don't get it

I'm so close to just leaving NSM over this post
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: Dudeman on October 20, 2015, 09:09:25 PMThat's awful. :( I hope you guys are able to patch things up. Maybe you should start looking for some other friends, though.

I dunno if I wanna patch things up tbpfh because she really does not treat me well. Not out of active malice but because of complete self-absorption and it's really trying on me to have to deal with it.

But yes I do need new friends. The only problem is that my college is v preppy and nO ONE LIKES MY SHIT.

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 20, 2015, 09:09:56 PMI'm so close to just leaving NSM over this post
it's ok he's not the brainiac of the site we can just ignore him

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 20, 2015, 09:09:56 PMI'm so close to just leaving NSM over this post
You took the words right out of my mouth.
@Alti Do any of your other friends notice this kind of behavior in her? If so you could form some like psuedo intervention thing where you all tell her you're not okay with her behavior. Just an idea.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

If a friend is constantly treating you like shit, drop them.

I abide by a new motto: When in doubt, peace the fuck out.

Your own mental health, happiness, etc. is much more valuable if she refuses to listen to you.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

I don't know what Nocturne was thinking when he wrote that post. It's just... strange.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 20, 2015, 09:37:01 PMI don't know what Nocturne was thinking when he wrote that post. It's just... strange.
have you ever seen 2 girls argue
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nebbles on October 20, 2015, 09:33:55 PMI abide by a new motto: When in doubt, peace the fuck out.

Sounds like the "Fuck-It Adjustment!"
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!