News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 22, 2015, 10:23:46 PM*vague generic post that translates to "give me attention pls"*

I may or may not of made a breakthrough, but I think this "attention" thing is what people in a community give each other. It also seems as if people need more of this "attention" when something bad happens, thus they post in this thread. Humans are just so mysterious sometimes.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Atlanta was rainy and scary so wah

Also I think I'm in fl now as it's sunny atm

Dudeman

If anyone has figured out how the fuck you're supposed to know what you're expected to do with your life, I'd greatly appreciate the knowledge.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Jamaha

You don't.

To use myself as an example: In high school I thought I'd want to teach math. However, shortly before applying for universities I figured out that math is too theoretical, I'd like to do something more practical. So I decided to apply to an university of technology. Which field should I choose? I don't know, electrical engineering could be interesting?

So now I am studying electrical engineering. Not sure why, but that appears to be the case now. Which major should I choose? Electronics sounds good, maybe that. A minor as well? Automation? Sure.

I've now studied in the university for three years. I need a job. Turns out that this department of radio engineering has a trainee position open. Oh, there are several positions. I need to rank them in order I would prefer. RFID...? Let's just put RFID as the preferred option.

Oops. Turns out radio engineering is damn interesting. Electronics and automation? Meh. Better switch my major to radio engineering. Oh? Apparently there is still work available in the research group. Might as well continue working there. Hm, it appears I've graduated. A PhD position you say? Right now that sounds like the best idea ever.

So here I am, working to become Dr. Jamaha. In 3-4 years I should defend my dissertation and then what? A post-doc in a foreign university? R&D in some of the large telecommunications companies? Found a company? I don't have the slightest idea (well, I do, but I don't know how well that translates to reality in 4 years), and that's okay.

In my opinion you don't really need to have a grand plan for your life. Just keep doing things you think you'd like and you hopefully drift to a place in life where you are happy.

SlowPokemon

There's a reason that the average college student switches majors so many times. It's because we're expected to make major life and career decisions when we're 16-17 and that's just ridiculous. You not knowing what you want yet is normal and okay. Everything will turn out fine.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

There's nothing or no one who can tell you what's expected from you, that's all up to you yourself.

Nebbles

I didn't fall asleep until past 6 am last night. Staying up this late isn't as cool as it used to be and I'm pretty sure I have some sort of sleep issue at this point.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Have you tried any herbal remedies? Though I find they work on very little, I've had some success with lavender as a sleep aid.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

Ah, I need some advice in this area, too. In one week, my sleep schedule has gotten flipped-turned upside-down and is now the prince of Bel-Air and is now completely ruining my social life.
I've done all that "no electronics" stuff, but my mind tends to wander around when I'm not doing stuff. It's hard for me to get my brain to stop thinking and to relax...

braix

I just eat stuff until my stomach wants me to lie down and sleep.
It's not healthy, but hey it works
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ruto

Quote from: Jamaha on December 27, 2015, 01:03:09 AMLong story

Heh I changed my major from physics to biology to chemistry. Something like that, I ended up majoring in chemistry and I changed majors each time I changed schools because I didn't like the previous one. At least you stuck with some kind of engineering. Since I had so many credits from my previous majors and schools, I ended up with two minors too xD But I still wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do after I graduated from college so I took some part time jobs to earn money while I figure things out while I do chemistry problems all day and grade stuff.

From the tons of chemistry topics I found interesting, I'm still stuck between the following:

Inorganic chemistry
 -material science
Theoretical chemistry
 -quantum chemistry
 -astrochemistry*
 -nuclear chemistry
Computational chemistry
 -astrochemistry
 -mapping proteins/bioinformatics**
Nuclear chemistry
 -studying radioactive waste

*Astrochemistry sounds like a new thing or at least, no one's told me that existed in my first year of college. I heard of astrobiology around that time though. A recent article I read about the subject involves studying spectra (astronomers do this already) or studying exotic molecules that exist in space as far as we know
**My professor's idea, I think this is too practical for me

**mapping out these molecules, needs lots of computational skills which I don't think I have yet

Even in college, I only got the chance to do research in biochemistry/nanomaterials (I learned this wasn't my thing) and astronomy (far more interesting). I guess I won't actually get a chance to study the stuff I like until graduate school which is why I should go -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Ruto on December 27, 2015, 08:13:40 PMNuclear chemistry
 -studying radioactive waste

This sounds like one of those chemist careers with shortened lifespans

me irl
[close]

ZeldaFan

I feel like everyone around me is moving on with their lives and I'm still here, single, in college, not knowing what to do with it.
Mehhhhh.....

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: ZeldaFan on December 27, 2015, 09:55:53 PMI feel like everyone around me is moving on with their lives and I'm still here, single, in college, not knowing what to do with it.
Mehhhhh.....
I'm nowhere near where you are, but if it's any condolence, I've found that typically our self perceived "progression" (as opposed to the constant passing of time that would technically count as progression) doesn't go up in a linear pattern or a fixed rate of progression. It's more like this:

-------------------------------
                 l
                l
               l
------------l

Hopefully that makes sense
what is shitpost