News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

I can't remember, but I think last year Australia basically begged to be in it. Also Australia is a very European country, and has strong links to Europe. I mean, I still find it weird, but whatever. (AUSTRALIA WAS THIS CLOSE TO WINNING TOO)
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

AwesomeYears

Everyone forgets about Israel :P

I'm pretty sure Israel isn't European.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 14, 2016, 04:45:37 PMI can't remember, but I think last year Australia basically begged to be in it. Also Australia is a very European country, and has strong links to Europe. I mean, I still find it weird, but whatever. (AUSTRALIA WAS THIS CLOSE TO WINNING TOO)
Quote from: AwesomeYears on May 14, 2016, 07:18:58 PMEveryone forgets about Israel :P

I'm pretty sure Israel isn't European.

Y, I mean I get it, they're "a big fan" of the Eurovision Song Contest, but y still, feels kind of weird with Austrlia in Eurovision Song Contest. And the same goes for Israel, wtf?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Waddle Bro

let her like what she wants to like and stay out of it.

BlackDragonSlayer

To be fair, it could be a justifiable problem if she forces everybody else to listen to her preferred music by playing it loudly all the time like... some people (*shudder*)...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Clanker37

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 14, 2016, 04:45:37 PM(AUSTRALIA WAS THIS CLOSE TO WINNING TOO)

WE WERE ROBBED. ROBBED

Bloody Ukraine and their political protest.

Edit: You call that a Eurovision song, BDS? That doesn't even come close to the most Eurovision song ever.

mikey

unmotivated

Bloop

i actually grew to like ukraine's entry
I think it's one of the more unique entries, she has a great voice, the song has a personal meaning and I believe she's the only one who wrote the song all by herself (instead off asking a Swedish person, like half of the songs in the first semi-final)

also, I believe all the countries most north of Africa are eligible to enter too (though only Morocco has done it)

InsigTurtle

e

Dude

Maybe my grandparents, but definitely not my parents.

ZeldaFan

I have thought about that a lot in the last few years (guess it's part of growing up) and although my parents probably have more time than that, no one can say for sure... My advice to you is just spend as much time as you can with them, and make the time you spend meaningful and fun, free from arguments and contention if it's possible. Call them when you're not around and visit when you can. Tell them often that you love and appreciate them, so that when they do go you won't regret not saying those things :)

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

DrP

One of my close friends is in a similar situation (the only Asian guy in a family and worried about the dead branches, etc...) and hasn't had the courage to really come out to anyone, likely out of fear of not living up to parents expectations and how his friends would think of him.

But coming from someone who lost a parent suddenly, I always wished I had more time. If you have a chance to speak with your parents, try. And it is never too late to learn a language. Even learning enough Canto to tell them that you want to talk to them and be closer to them would go a long way.

You may think you may have 10-30 years, but it may be less (or more) than that.