News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Because if we elect somebody that is not Obama they are guaranteed to magically remove $14t in debt.
Also, only the latest president has ever made any mistakes and whoever comes next will always fix said mistakes and be 20x more better and totally not have problems ever.  This is a fact that can be verified through all past changes in presidencies.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 30, 2011, 02:27:04 PMBecause if we elect somebody that is not Obama they are guaranteed to magically remove $14t in debt.
Also, only the latest president has ever made any mistakes and whoever comes next will always fix said mistakes and be 20x more better and totally not have problems ever.  This is a fact that can be verified through all past changes in presidencies.

This. I am not a huge fan of Obama (though I support him because he is our President) but seriously, people need to stop being like, "Obama should not get elected again, he's been horrible, the next person will be fantastic and fix everything ever, blah blah blah"

Seriously, that's just being stupid. I'm not saying any political views here, just using an example.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

The reason why Obama isn't doing a wonderful job is because he is learning as he's going on the job... never really having experience in the private sector. If other democrats were in charge like Hillary and others, they would know what to do (because she can ask Bill for advice -- but that would be a dead end)...

I really don't want to take a side to keep this neutral, but some GOP'ers are just better for the job cause they're part of the private sector and they can form a symbiotic relationship between the two.

The 14+ trillion debt won't poof into nothing over the next four years, but there are some steps that can be taken.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 30, 2011, 06:50:50 PMThis. I am not a huge fan of Obama (though I support him because he is our President) but seriously, people need to stop being like, "Obama should not get elected again, he's been horrible, the next person will be fantastic and fix everything ever, blah blah blah"

Seriously, that's just being stupid. I'm not saying any political views here, just using an example.
Watch "On the Record" for a week and then come back to me with your view on Obama... and also the next person in office will not fix everything ever... nothing is ever going to happen if a GOP'er or a Dem is in office... there needs to be bipartisanship to get the country back on track.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 30, 2011, 10:33:22 PMThe reason why Obama isn't doing a wonderful job is because he is learning as he's going on the job... never really having experience in the private sector.

You know quite well that that is class A horseshit right there.

And if you actually watch a Fox news program and buy into everything they say you are not just a massive tool, but probably lacking in the mental department.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Well, I don't care.

If you're not going to be civil about it, I won't deal with insolent people who think they can argue politics without attacking the character of a person... total fallacy there.

Jub3r7

My life sucks because people are going to bash me for not caring about politics. at all.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

KefkaticFanatic

I'm just stating facts.  Changing meaning through editing, blatantly lying, etc, whilst pretending to be "balanced" is clearly aimed at a less intelligent and informed demographic that is more likely to simply buy into whatever they are saying so they can gain votes from those that previously didn't care.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Fox is the most biased, horrible news station ever...just throwing that out there.

Roz~

People saying that Obama's an horrible President make me laugh hard. He's doing a great job. You have to keep in mind that he has to clean up the mess that Bush left behind. Canada's stuck with someone like Harper as the Prime Minister, you guys definitely shouldn't complain about him.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on April 29, 2011, 08:45:55 PMTrust me, Europe and the USA were just as bad.  The only reason Muslim countries are stereotyped to have these sort of laws is because of Iraq and a few other countries, along with a bunch of propaganda.  In all actuality, most Muslim countries aren't very devout at all and if they used to be, it quickly ended once the USA and a few other.
I said OLD Muslim law, as in ancient laws from back when Islam became the major religion in the middle east a thousand or so years ago. Not modern laws.

So today has been just one trainwreck after another for me. So the day starts off with me on beach watching a beatiful sunrise, and then it goes down hill from there. the day before I got bad sunburn on the top of my feet. So I thought I would be allowed to leave early because I couldn't have my feet in the sun without feeling pain. And I could put my shoes on for the same resan. So I end up unloading and cleaning gear on an extremely hot black top pavement with the sun beating sown. So both sides of my feet were scorching. And after 2 1/2 hours of this torture, I go home thing I'll put my feet in a bucket full of ice water. But we don't have any ice. FML

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

And then you were lynched by a safety.

Raymondbl

:( thanks for being lynched instead of me though  ;D
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

So apparently my aunt has to live with her husband who is an alcoholic, throws tantrums when he's told to stop... or when he even talks to her. Oh, and my 5-year-old cousin has to watch this everyday as he grows up and even asks aunty "Why does daddy drink so much?" *sigh* Sad to say, the uncle has a blood relation with me, and my dad doesn't wanna help out his brother. To be honest, neither would I.

*depressed*

Roz~

^That is going to affect the kid... probably in a negative way. =/
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.