News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Village of Flower - Critique needed!

Started by The-Real-Link, March 15, 2008, 07:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Some of you may remember a piano composition that I had done a while ago called, Village in a Field of Flowers. Well this is an arrangement I did of it with multiple instruments. I want to know if you think it needs some bass instrument like a cello, to balance the notes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjed2rmil43

Sirus

A bass instrument would be nice
I suggest cello because it has the best sound out of all the bass instruments (partly b/c i play cello, but you didnt need to know that  :P)

blah54

i don't think you need a bass instrument... i think that that would wreck the feel of the song, which is lighthearted... adding a bass would make the sound more "full", but it would likely not have such a cute, lighthearted feel...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

zora_dude

i like it! its pretty good you certaintly set the right mood! might i suggest a little more decresendo then cresendos?

HugoMeister

Quote from: blah54 on March 17, 2008, 01:47:38 PMi don't think you need a bass instrument... i think that that would wreck the feel of the song, which is lighthearted... adding a bass would make the sound more "full", but it would likely not have such a cute, lighthearted feel...

Use a viola then. It is a lower instrument. It goes an octave below middle C. It will still give it that "cute" feel, and give the song a good bass sound.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

master_gamer38

You're just saying that because you play viola. But yeah, violas are amazing no matter what.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

HugoMeister

Hey, when you know how to help people, you should help them.  ::)

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

zora_dude

i thin kthe upper range of the viola will be good because aren't you trying to keep the same mood not change it?

The-Real-Link

I might use a viola. I was actually thinking about composing a second theme and having a bass string (Possibly cello) in it, and have the Piano drop an octave. (I might switch the key to D major as well) That way it would feel a little fuller, and be more than a minute long!

random_goldfish

Perhaps on the second run of the theme you can use some bass (cello...pick one) to fill it out and keep it moving...just to keep it interesting to the ear. (It is very lovely though) The cello has a nice bass and a tenor range so it won't be too heavy like the contrabass. Even A Bass Clarinet would do and might even fit the instrumentation more. I like the song though very much. ^_^

~Megan
(New to the site and loving it)
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^