NSM Theme Song Contest Thread (Rough Draft) Tell me if I need to change anything

Started by Sirus, March 15, 2008, 07:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirus

OKAY
Here we go.....
Rules:
1) The song must be completely home-made. If the song has even 10 seconds of some other established game music, you will be disqualified.
2) The song must not be more than 3 minutes long (thats still really long).
3) The song must fit the format of NSM theme song. (It can be in minor, but remember that we are not a funeral music website.) It can be video game-ish, classical, and maybe even pop.
4) The songs, when finished, should be pm-ed to me so I can post them anonymously as Song 1, Song 2, etc. The title should be NSM Theme Song.
5) If your song sounds like someone else's, the person who sent the song first will have their's posted.
6) You can work in groups, I dont really care.
7) You have to post them to me by April 5, 2008, 5PM Central Time (Daylight Savings Time).
8) All of them will be posted at the same time so don't rush through.
9) It can be piano and orchestra OR just piano. But you must have a piano, whether it be a solo or piano with orchestra/ It is advised you make a piano solo version of your song just in case someone might want to play it.
10) Please send me a Mp3 and a piano MUS (piano just in case someone wants to play it).
11) When posted, the people will vote on the songs and post their opinions by April 12, 2008, 7 PM Central Daylights Saving Time.

Even though this is my rough draft, i advise (if you are going to do participate in this contest) to start composing your songs.

i kinda need help on some of the rules so plz help!

evilsqueaky

I have a couple questions:

1. Does it have to be playable?
2. Do we submit a mus, mp3, or both?

Sirus

Quote from: evilsqueaky on March 15, 2008, 09:56:17 PMI have a couple questions:

1. Does it have to be playable?
2. Do we submit a mus, mp3, or both?
i prefer mp3 b/c i dont want ppl copying each other
it doesnt have to be playable, just not crazy 128th notes all over the place  ;)

Dekudude

First of all, you should run this by G-Han. ^_^;; With all honesty... I don't believe any staff members ever made this official. :P

For the rules, I recommend you make clear that Orchestra-Only (meaning, without piano) songs are NOT allowed. Also, I think a piano-only piece of sheet music should be included (but not shown until the winner is announced.) That way, if someone really likes the song, it should have the piano-only sheet as well. :3

Sirus

Quote from: Dekudude on March 16, 2008, 07:49:11 AMFirst of all, you should run this by G-Han. ^_^;; With all honesty... I don't believe any staff members ever made this official. :P

For the rules, I recommend you make clear that Orchestra-Only (meaning, without piano) songs are NOT allowed. Also, I think a piano-only piece of sheet music should be included (but not shown until the winner is announced.) That way, if someone really likes the song, it should have the piano-only sheet as well. :3
good idea....
arent you a staff member? cant you approve this?
ill change the piano thing too

Sirus

Quote from: Sirus on March 16, 2008, 08:35:27 AM
Quote from: Dekudude on March 16, 2008, 07:49:11 AMFirst of all, you should run this by G-Han. ^_^;; With all honesty... I don't believe any staff members ever made this official. :P

good idea....
arent you a staff member? cant you approve this?
ill change the piano thing too
okay ignore what i just said
ill run through this with G-Han after i make all the rules official
and this is a rough draft so.......

evilsqueaky

Lildigipoke2

it should be playable in case someone really likes it and wants to play it

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Sirus

Okay
anything else?
i gonna get this run through with G-Han and officialize it beforee starting the "Official" thread

Sirus

You have till 3/17/08 10:00 AM Central Daylights savings time to post anything you suggest for the rules.
After that time ill try to get this officialized before starting it by G-Han

Sirus

Adminstrators, you can lock this now
the official thread will be up soon