News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Musical Showdown - Discussion for Creation.

Started by MaestroUGC, June 04, 2010, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Well it'll be simple at first, i.e. only one or two instruments; and the orchestration will grow with each round.

Length may be a factor determined by the judges, but nothing excessive. Most likeley "make it 2:17 in length" and such.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mantis985

I'd be down for this if you need another contestant. 

MaestroUGC

Oni-Link

Is it too late to sign up to become a judge?

Tranzlater

Uhmm...

I would, but I just got sibelius which I have NO IDEA how to use...
If we're doing this every year, then I might next year, when I learn a bit more in my GCSE courses. I can compose, just not so good, and only when I'm in the mood, which is usually less that once a week for about 20 minutes in the middle of the night.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

MaestroUGC

I'll worry about judges later...and about Sibelius; if you can at least create a midi than that'll do for now.

Right now, I want suggestion on how to game should operate.

TheLegend

ok, so 8 members, 7 judges.  here's how it'll work.   the winner of each is the first digit.
Round One

1.  vs 2.      judge 1

3 vs 4.        judge 2

5. vs 6.       judge 3

7. vs 8.        judge 4

Round Two

1.  vs 3       judge 5

5. vs 7.         judge 6

Round Three

1. vs. 5.        final judge 7

wins!!!!!1111

Oni-Link

Quote from: TheLegend on June 05, 2010, 08:18:18 AMok, so 8 members, 7 judges.  here's how it'll work.   the winner of each is the first digit.
Round One

1.  vs 2.      judge 1

3 vs 4.        judge 2

5. vs 6.       judge 3

7. vs 8.        judge 4

Round Two

1.  vs 3       judge 5

5. vs 7.         judge 6

Round Three

1. vs. 5.        final judge 7

wins!!!!!1111

Sounds good.
What about you, Maestro? Do you agree?
Also, I want to be a judge because I'm a musician myself.

TheLegend

I'm in.  again, please don't make big quotes, like you have a tendency to do.  I'll be a composer, I have two pieces in the making!  or rather, one arrangement.  can we do arrangements?

Tranzlater

Uh, personally, I think 8 contestants, 8 judges sounds better, and that could work if judge 7 did the final, and judge 8 did the composition for 3rd place.
Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: TheLegend on June 05, 2010, 08:24:22 AMI'm in.  again, please don't make big quotes, like you have a tendency to do.  I'll be a composer, I have two pieces in the making!  or rather, one arrangement.  can we do arrangements?
No.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Okay, I only want a comittee of four judges, who'll judge on a point scale; much like the olympics.

If it is one judge per duel, then personal preference may create a bias. With more judges, we can balance that out.

I want to say no to arrangements, that's more of something that is planned. These games will be spontaneous; meaning you will write once the qualifications have been given by the judges.

I'll pick the judges once we figure out the exact rules of these games.

Tranzlater

I would watch out for the rifts & relationships between members...
Probably not for long.

mantis985

We could keep it anonymous, like send our composition to one person, and then they post them as a number.

TheLegend

I really don't know.  I mean, i have planned a few remixes of songs, that I composed, with touches of my own melodies and stuff in things like Ode to Joy, the Tempest, only the melody sounds like the original.  because making melodies is hard.  so, the four judges are for every two people?