News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Saria on July 28, 2012, 05:24:55 PMAren't piano and keyboard like the same thing?

No. That was a stupid question.
With an electric keyboard you can adjust the volume quickly, you can use different sounds and their sizes are different, which makes them easy to move.

Bespinben

^that, and there's also the tactile differences between keyboards and pianos. On keyboards, you simply can't feel the subtle click of the felt hammers striking the strings, or the recreate the sound of strings vibrating in sympathy via the una corde pedal.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jub3r7

But I'm pretty sure she was referring to the fact that it's not necessary to list them as separate instruments; if you can play one, there's no reason you can't play the other.
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 29, 2012, 12:47:09 AMNo. That was a stupid question.
That's not really necessary either.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Bespinben

Quote from: Jub3r7 on July 29, 2012, 01:12:13 AMBut I'm pretty sure she was referring to the fact that it's not necessary to list them as separate instruments; if you can play one, there's no reason you can't play the other.

In most cases yes. However, if you were attempting to play a modern composition employing extended technique, then no.

Jub3r7

So there are some cases where a person is able to play the piano but not the keyboard? (Or vice versa?)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

Quote from: Jub3r7 on July 29, 2012, 01:12:13 AMBut I'm pretty sure she was referring to the fact that it's not necessary to list them as separate instruments; if you can play one, there's no reason you can't play the other.

QFT

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 29, 2012, 12:47:09 AMNo. That was a stupid question.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on July 29, 2012, 01:12:13 AMThat's not really necessary either.

Yes, because I must say that to twelve year olds when I have to explain that my ability to operate Schmidt-Cassegrain catadioptics is completely different than their ability to operate Ritchey–Chrétien reflectors. /sarcasm

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

You lost some respect from me. Congrats.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

Quite rude, why couldn't you have just answered it in a standard non-tourettes fashion like me

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

Turns out if you actually read things you'll find I'm correct :)

me irl
[close]

spitllama

Turns out I read it correctly :)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Quote from: Music44 on July 28, 2012, 02:00:08 PMI also have quite a few other hobbies such as,
archery, knife throwing, tomahawk throwing,
fishing, coding, cooking, forging, foam sword fighting, writing.
My new best friend. :)) I love archery especially. I can't get good arrows though. Every time I get them they either get lost, or have the feathers pointing in the wrong direction.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bespinben on July 29, 2012, 01:10:58 AM^that, and there's also the tactile differences between keyboards and pianos. On keyboards, you simply can't feel the subtle click of the felt hammers striking the strings, or the recreate the sound of strings vibrating in sympathy via the una corde pedal.

Language barrier! If I would have told that, it would have been pure gibberish.
And I'm sorry that I was rude, I was just tired and the words just flew out of my mouth. Sorry. :-[

Bespinben

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 29, 2012, 12:47:09 AMWith an electric keyboard you can adjust the volume quickly, you can use different sounds and their sizes are different, which makes them easy to move.

Ah true. The only way to play Song of Unhealing correctly would be on a keyboard, and have a friend adjust the volume every time you struck a key.