News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

How about anyone that acts/is under 13 gets banned until they are 14 because they joined when they weren't supposed to.  It would definitely raise the average intelligence of the forums for a while.

me irl
[close]

BanhMi

New here.  :)

Name: Lynn
Musical stuff: I played flute in band for 2 years, and now I play piano.
Favorite piece of music (non-video game): There's so many... I can't pick.
Favorite game music: Aerith's Theme or Life Returns
Favorite video game: Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem
Favorite school subject: French :D
Language: I'm Vietnamese and I can speak a little of it.  Other than that, my main language is English and I'm learning French.

Well, yup.
<3 Cows

KefkaticFanatic

I have realised your name comes from a food.  How interesting.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Hmm. I never wrote one of these, so why not?

Name:  Jonathan
Internet Nicknames:  The-Real-Link (used for almost everything) & dinsfire15 (used for youtube)
Location Texas, United States of America
Language(s):  English and learning Japanese
Ethnicity:  American, but WAY back I'm related to Scottish Royalty ^_^
Religion:  Christian  (I don't generally like to bring up religion in conversations because it tends to get people all flamey)

Favorite Food:  Hmm....I'm going to have to go with anything asian!
Favorite Desert: My mom's Peanut Butter Pie    O_O soooo good!!!
Favorite Color:  Green
Favorite Rock Band:  Either Styx or The Black Mages
Favorite Rock Song:  Piano Man by Billy Joel
Favorite Composer(s): Frederic Francois Chopin, Franz Liszt, and Nobuo Uematsu
Favorite Video Game Song(s): To Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X -&- Fantasia alla Marcia from Kingdom Hearts II
Favorite Video Game:  The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Favorite Game Series(s):Zelda, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, and Smash Bros.
Favorite Sitcom:  M*A*S*H
Favorite Game Show/Reality Show:  Ninja Warrior
Favorite Movie(s):  The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Last Samurai, October Sky, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Favorite Anime/Manga:  Either G Gundam (show), Bleach, or Kiki's Delivery Service

Instruments:  Piano, Guitar, Ocarina, Irish Tin Whistle/Penny Whistle
Years Studying Music:  7
Education:  Homeschooled, currently in 11th grade. Planning on going to collage.
Planned Profession: Somewhat undecided, but definatly in the field of music
The End:  I could have given my shoe size and eye color, but most people probably got bored and stopped reading this back at my favorite color.

Cobraroll

Hello NSM!

As you might have seen somewhere, I'm new on this site. I've checked your site regulary since September (and mostly being met by that advert page, thanks a lot for coming back!), and read parts of the forum, but I didn't join before today. No regrets so far.

As well as being a noob on the site, I have only played piano for about seven months, so you can consider me pretty green there too. To top that off, I only play video game music, with a few exceptions. You see, I don't listen to a lot of music, but I play games pretty much. And the games' music often wake up sweet memories (such as getting up at 6:30 AM to check out Pokémon Yellow at my cousin's N64 (played via Stadium), and running around Viridian Forest to evolve that Metapod, so we could defeat Brock. Or running around Cool, Cool Mountain in SM64 in order to find all those red coins, with the accordion music chiming through the house...). So I decided to learn a few of those songs myself.
If it hadn't been for NinSheetMusic, I would most likely never had started playing, as I would have run out of songs after... hmmm, I found one song that I was able to play on another site before discovering NSM, so I guess I would have learned myself that one, and that's it. Thanks for being here.

By the way, the noobism doesn't stop there either. I'm from the far, remote north, where English isn't the main language. Norway, to be more precise. So sometimes, my sentences can be impossible to understand, and I know nada about music terminology in English. Understanding Finale isn't the easiest either, so so far I haven't gotten any decent results when trying to arrange.

My username is taken from my other major interest, roller coasters. On coaster forums, my username is Pokemaniac, but that would be too noobish for a Nintendo related forum. And Cobraroll would be too noobish to use there, as it's simply a coaster element (as seen here), but would be somewhat random and exotic here. It's all a matter of context.

Well, I guess that's it. I hope the site will be back to normal soon, and that my posts are understandable and within the rules. See you around!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The-Real-Link

Welcom to the forums!!!! And welcome to piano! Take it from a seven year veteran, piano is one of the greatest instruments in the world, and with the right amount of practice you can make it sing! We have a pretty decent selection of beginner level songs here. If you have a particular song that you like, many of us would be happy to make a beginner level arrangement for you.
So you live in Norway! Awsome! I have a couple of cousins that live in Norway! Dang....I used to know how to introduce myself in Norwegian...can't exactly remember how to spell it though...anyways, welcome to ninsheetmusic!

Cobraroll

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! I hope my Request topic doesn't get the entire site frustrated with me...  :)

So far, I've picked songs from the most notable Nintendo franchises, and games I used to play way back then.
I started carefully with Dire, Dire Docks from SM64 (learned from a YouTube vid), and worked my way through Pokémon - route 1, Select Your File from SM64, and am now trying to perfect End Theme from the same game. I'm hoping to get to the Super Mario Bros. 2 Overworld by the end of the year, and it looks like NSM contains all the steps on the ladder (so I won't have to play boring examples of waltz or marches in piano class), all the way from Select a File, SM64, to Break the Targets, SSBM (hardest song I've found, at least. Silph Co or Kirby's Dreamland are up there too, as well as the Shadow Mario Duet). Plenty of material to work with, and thanks to you all, the amount keeps on increasing.

Weirdly enough, this site went down two days after I had had my first piano lesson, and the day after I got Finale. Luckily, I had saved a few files on my PC, so I had something to play the five months the site was absent. Thanks all for coming back, though. And thanks a lot for the kind advice.
Are there any songs I should check out? I'm mostly into the Pokémon and Mario franchises, but there are tons of good music out there, so I'm willing to try everything...

And by the way, "My name is..." in Norwegian is "Jeg heter..."(I'm named...) or "Mitt navn er..." (my name is). The former is the most frequently used, the latter is more formal.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The-Real-Link

Hmmm...music I would suggest. The Zelda series has exceptional music. It's composed by Koji Kondo (The same guy that wrote all the mario music) Final Fantasy has some of the best video game music there is! Most people think of Nobuo Uematsu when they are talking about Final Fantasy music, because he wrote the soundtracks for Final Fantasy I-IX, and he helped write the soundtracks for X-XIII. Kumi Tanoika does the Crystal Chronicles branch and Masashi Hamauzu has been doing most of the main series stuff (Although Yoko Shimomura will be doing part of the Final Fantasy versus XIII soundtrack.) Hmmm....seeing as you're a beginner I would actually suggest checking my arrangement of Spring Theme from Harvest Moon. My arrangement of Simone's Theme might be right up your ally as well.
I have been playing in piano concerts and competitions for a long time, but I recently started teaching piano as well. I have written several beginner level compositions for some of my students if you would like them as well! I also have some more advanced compositions if you want to shoot for them. I'll be glad to help in any way that I can ^_^

Jeg heter, I knew it was something along those lines. I only speak English, however, I have been taking Japanese for two years now, and can speak it a little bit.

Brassman388

Yo, my name is Brassman388, or Albert..either or.

I too am relatively new to the site. I honestly don't have much to say other than I love music and that i can arrange.

I played trumpet for 6 years, then in highschool, i changed to tuba for 3 years, then learned the rest of the brass by my last year.

I am 18 years old, I like food, soda, all that good stuff.

I've studied music for 5 years, played the piano for 2 years, and trying to learn the violin.

I am native american ( Navajo to be exact ) and have no specific belief system.

I enjoy music from Nobuo Uematsu to Gustav Holst.

I am in Archery, and likes Lacross (go Sting!)

...I think that's about it..if you guys have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks.

Crepe Knight

Hello, I am Crepe Knight. I used to lurk the site a lot, and I lurved it mightily, until it had the downtime period and I eventually stopped checking it. Then to my great exuberance it was up again, so I thought I'd join the forum. I've played piano for about 5 years and I am trying to learn guitar right now as well. I'm 17, senior in high school. Musically, I always like classical, almost all forms of jazz, progressive rock, electronica, and other than that my taste is pretty random in what it likes from whatever genre.

I think one of my favorite pieces of music (to play, at least, I can't pick to listen to) is Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy, then followed in a dramatic shift by most anything I am able to play by Johann Bach. For video games, I think Chrono Trigger and Legend of Zelda have some of the best music in them, although thee are many others close behind. I won't lie, I'm not huge on most Final Fantasy songs, excepting Brass De Chocobo from FFX which I think is genius. Now, I personally have tried arranging music and I'm pretty bad, so you probably won't see much music produced by me any time soon :p I'm working on it, though.

QuoteJeg heter, I knew it was something along those lines. I only speak English, however, I have been taking Japanese for two years now, and can speak it a little bit.

I can read and write a fair bit of Latin :D
First I was like, "lol", then I was all, "wut".

Brassman388

That's one of the many things i hope i can do in maybe in the near future. (will you give me lessons in the mean time?) ::)

shane91c

Right, time to introduce myself :D

Name: Shane Curless (shane91c)
Address: Umm I don't think so :D
Hobbies: Programming, Making Music, and being friendly.

My hobbies are the reason why I created my website :) Music and programming go well together. NinSheetMusic and my Piano program go well together. If you like making music too, please take a look at my site and maybe test PCAno :D

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

ALPRAS

Im a + - less old in here but here it coms:

Name: António Silva
Nickname: ALPRAS/ ALPRAS91
Hobbies: Playing X360, arranging songs, playing football, Disco nights, getting drunck (xD), making sex, etc...
City: Lisbon
Languages: Portguese (NOT SPANISH), English, french, a bit russian and  some ucranian words
Religion: Christian
Quote from: The-Real-Link on January 01, 2009, 12:52:55 PMReligion:  Christian  (I don't generally like to bring up religion in conversations because it tends to get people all flamey)
Join the club xD

Studys: Music
Intruments: Piano, Guitar and some percussion
Wanted Destiny: Being a musicologist, but mainly, a video game songs composer
Favorite food: pasta a la carbonnara, pizza

hmm... I dont want to write more xD im too lazy

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

ALPRAS

yap.. In Portugal, you can start drinking alcoholic drinks with 16 :P