News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Yugi

Hi. Odds are this'll probably end up only being a temporary surge in activity but given the fact that I've been posting in places I guess I'm back?

Olimar12345

Hi Yugi~ you should play twg when the current one ends   
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

alleysandgullies

Henlo, I am alleysandgullies, occassional user/lurker of NinSheetMusic and the forums who has finally decided to make an account and try to give back.

I'm just going to use Razer's introduction template because I like it:

Name: Jack Muir
Musical stuff: I have never owned a musical instrument, and the only musical education I was taught was in the first 2 grades of high school (years 7 and 8, what I think would be classified as middle school for American folks), which didn't contain anything regarding music theory, just seeing if we could play a basic tune on a guitar and sing songs. Pathetic education. Since I am interested in music I had to teach myself the basics. I have made a few pieces of music in Sony ACID Music Studio but apart from that I don't play an instrument or anything. But I love video game music.
Favorite piece of music (non-video game): That's a tough one, probably Wonderboy by Tenacious D. But I just watched one of their DVDs so that may be recency bias playing its part in my decision.
Favorite game music: It's in my username, from the Toy Story 2 game
Favorite video game: Banjo-Tooie
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Chicken Parma
Favorite school subject: In high school it was maths, in university it is politics
Language: English

So yeah, hi  :)
Something minor.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Nice to meet ya! It seems like you'll probably fit in here. And don't worry, most of my musical knowledge was self-taught, too. Wah's gonna be happy to meet you, probably. You can call me THC if you want. Everyone else does. Oh, and welcome!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Welcome, alleysandgullies! Always nice to see a new member to the site! Don't worry about lurking; I visited the main site from 5th grade to 10th grade before I finally tried submitting something. Oh, and like thc mentioned, we have nicknames here, so if you like that sort of thing, you could give us one to use for you if you'd like!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

Hallo! Welcome to the Star Carnival NSM! You can call me E. Gadd Industries, Egad, e.,
...egg'd. So yeah, pretty much anything that relates to my name. I respect lurkers :P (and chicken Parma is AWESOME)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

alleysandgullies

Lol I saw that doing the rounds on fb. Australia does most certainly exist - we are the shitposting capital of the world!

I guess a&g or alleys would be an ok nickname

I'll get around to posting my first actual post later today
Something minor.

Sebastian

Dudeman

Quote from: alleysandgullies on December 13, 2017, 01:13:07 PMLol I saw that doing the rounds on fb. Australia does most certainly exist - we are the shitposting capital of the world!
Given Waluigi's posting habits, I won't disagree
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Hey, if he's gonna freely admit he's from Australia, he ought to be informed of what's coming.

E. Gadd Industries

Yeahhhhhh fair enough

@alleysandgullies just so you know, I co-wrote an essay about how Australia doesn't exist
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

88bit

Hello, all! Obviously, I'm pretty new here, though I have visited from time to time. I'm pretty passionate about making piano arrangements of NES themes, especially the not-so-popular ones.

Name: Rob Kovacs
Musical stuff: I'm a freelance professional musician. I perform, compose, take gigs, and teach. My two main projects are Return of Simple (a piano rock trio) and 88bit (my solo project arranging and performing NES themes on piano.)
Favorite piece of music (non-video game): Gaspard de la Nuit by Ravel, especially the first two movements and Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich.
Favorite game music: Top three equally would be Mega Man 2, Marble Madness and The 7th Guest.
Favorite video game: Half Life 2
Favorite color: Black
Favorite food: A juicy grass-fed steak. :)
Favorite sport: ultimate frisbee. I love to play pickup.
Favorite school subject: Math
Language: English

I hope to submit some arrangements to this site and add to the preservation of early VGM. Here's is one of my more recent arrangements from the Adventures of Lolo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waebdIpFpE

Cheers!
Rob