The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Just one question, Rob: Why would you feed grass to a steak?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dude

Another question, Zun: Why wouldn't you feed grass to a steak?

LeviR.star

Quote from: 88bit on December 18, 2017, 12:22:54 AMI'm pretty passionate about making piano arrangements of NES themes, especially the not-so-popular ones.

I think I've made a new friend already.

Welcome!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Nice to meet you! Steve Reich makes me want to vomit but welcome!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Welcome to the forums, 88bit!

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 18, 2017, 07:47:28 AMSteve Reich makes me want to vomit but welcome!
shhhhhhhh we can have modern love here!

Xenakis ftw :D
innit

SlowPokemon

Oh I adore modernism and postmodernism. Bolcom, Lutosławski, Schoenberg, Penderecki, yeah Xenakis, all brilliant and great.

I just hate minimalism. A lot. Lmao

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

88bit

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 18, 2017, 07:47:28 AMNice to meet you! Steve Reich makes me want to vomit but welcome!

Ha! He's certainly not for everybody. Electric Counterpoint is fairly palatable. And as far as the early minimalists, his works are the most groundbreaking. I'm not a huge fan of Phillip Glass, and John Adams even less so.

I do love me some Penderecki too. I got to perform for him about 10 years ago. It was for a student composition masterclass. After everyone played their pieces, he said some polite encouragement and then talked the rest of the time about some of his latest music. He clearly was not interested in bothering with these students pieces, ha! 

And thank you for the "welcomes", everyone!

LeviR.star, I checked out some of your arrangements on the site here. The Mega Man ones are pretty technically challenging!

SlowPokemon

That's a REALLY cool story about performing for Penderecki!

LeviR.star

Quote from: 88bit on December 18, 2017, 11:54:53 PMLeviR.star, I checked out some of your arrangements on the site here. The Mega Man ones are pretty technically challenging!

Yea, some of my waaaay older ones are impossible, and a lot in general have issues like that. I have some revisions that I haven't posted yet, though, so maybe I can polish up my PA in terms of that! You learn a lot in 1 1/4 years with 154 sheets! ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

88bit

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 19, 2017, 07:23:06 AMYou learn a lot in 1 1/4 years with 154 sheets! ;)

Uh, that's like a new arrangement every 3 days! Jeez! Do you play them as well? (Any videos?)

LeviR.star

Quote from: 88bit on December 19, 2017, 10:22:36 AMUh, that's like a new arrangement every 3 days! Jeez! Do you play them as well? (Any videos?)

I took piano for about 6 years, but I had to quit. I don't have any videos of me playing my own sheet atm, so it's a rare treat to see someone else do it.

Also, I often post mass PA updates, so I can go an entire month without new sheets at times.

braix

Quote from: 88bit on December 18, 2017, 12:22:54 AMFavorite food: A juicy grass-fed steak. :)
We can be good friends.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.