News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

DrP's Submissions - NEW Skyward Sword Added (12/18)

Started by DrP, June 27, 2010, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game is this Orchestral Arrangement from?

Pokémon Black and White
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy S/Galaxy S II (hahah)
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
This isn't from a game

DrP

I have two new sheets heading this way towards my submission thread

I'm going to start moving the ones that have been submitted to the site

Cobraroll

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but... You said in another topic that you were done with the HG/SS Dark Cave arrangement, but I can't find it. Could you give me a link, please?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Here ya go!

Dark Cave:MUS MIDI

I had it listed under G/S/C so it could be used in the medley thingy we're doing!

Cobraroll

^Is that a link?

And sorry to be a pain, but the G/S/C version of the tune is different from the HG/SS one. The HG/SS version is at least two octaves higher, the main melody is played with the other hand, and the bass would thus have to be rewritten.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Oh, then I did a G/S version then... sorry, but you can always fix it up to make it the HG/SS version!

KefkaticFanatic

The Super Mario World Ending is missing half of the song and is the wrong octave in many part (for instance measure 3 and the section onward).

Also, it has no articulation whatsoever and is missing a key signature change.  When compared to Brian's fantastic arrangement of the same song, this is honesty rubbish. (an older member that never submitted anything as he was part of another group)

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 07, 2010, 12:34:13 PMThe Super Mario World Ending is missing half of the song and is the wrong octave in many part (for instance measure 3 and the section onward).

Also, it has no articulation whatsoever and is missing a key signature change.  When compared to Brian's fantastic arrangement of the same song, this is honesty rubbish. (an older member that never submitted anything as he was part of another group)

It's been brought to my attention before. I think how I arranged it is fine. It technically wasn't meant for submission (and I won't submit it to Concerto or Nakah). I made a Clarinet and some other instrumentation to accompany it, and this was just the piano part. There was more, but there's only piano music here, so that's why I kept it like that.

Congrats to your friend Brian. I really didn't put much effort and though into creating this specific sheet, so you see why...

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

DrP

Ok, on the docket for tomorrow is

[NDS]Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story: Toad Town

that is all... it'll probably be up late (PDT), probably 11 PM... so all you in Australia/NZ and those time zones, as well as you early risers in Euroland will get to listen to it!

SlowPokemon

Nice job on Toad Town! I've only listened to the Midi, though, so I don't know if there are any playability problems... I can always play around them if there are any, though! Good job!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

maybe one measure... but that was a finale issue (playback on finale has really gotten finicky for me)

DrP

Added

PokéWalker from HGSS... it was an easy thing to waste my time with!!!

SlowPokemon

Yeah, it didn't sound that difficult a song to arrange! Great job and thanks! :D

SlowPokemon

DrP

i know... finale sometimes does that... you know, when MS Word predicts that you're going on to the next page, they pop it in the document... its the same philosophy here