News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

DrP's Submissions - NEW Skyward Sword Added (12/18)

Started by DrP, June 27, 2010, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game is this Orchestral Arrangement from?

Pokémon Black and White
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy S/Galaxy S II (hahah)
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
This isn't from a game

pumpy_heart

How did I know D major? I know a ton of music theory.
Besides the fact that it looked like F# and C# were used a lot, measures 1 and 4, the beginning of each phrase, started with a D major chord. As I looked through the rest of the piece, all the chords used were based around D major, save for the A diminished chord in measure 5, which acts as a refreshing, but startling sound in stark comparison to the D major chord right before it.

DrP

I thought you just assumed from listening from the piece a lot... so it did come from the piece! cool.

and you cracked my arranging code... now i have to arrange differently. haha

Taser9090

Nice arrangements. I noticed that you said that some of your arrangements have an ending going no where.

You could just leave it as repeating, because most videogame music repeats.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DrP

oh, no. i re-did someones song that had an ending that just stopped and went nowhere

NasiDe

Something about Chancellor Cole's theme sounds a little... Off. Near the end the notes just don't sound right. I found a MIDI that sounded weird like that. Here's a link to my version (I do not plan on uploading it for NSM.) : Chancellor Cole MUS
I hope that helps.

DrP

Ok! Thanks!!  :D I did have some problems, I just couldn't get that "perfect" note around the end in a couple of measures, ill take a look at your song and the actual game rip, and make changes accordingly!

DrP

NEW SUBMISSION!!!

[NDS] Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - In Town/In the Fields ... the first request that i've fulfilled!

Bloop

Awww you maked a better version from spin dig galaxy then mine :(

DrP

yours is still good  :) I honestly didn't know about yours until after the fact. sorry. people can now choose which one they want!

Olimar12345

ur spirit tracks village song is wrong-the 16ths should be a pick up, everything else needs to be on beats 1 and 3(like at measure 5, it should start on beat 1, not 2)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

there was a reason why I did put the notes on 2 and 4. that base line does sound likes its on an offbeat, especially if the pickups are included in the first measure. the offbeat gives it a little kick when you wouldnt expect it.

i have fixed the sheet just to make it easier for you and others who just dont like the feel of it

Olimar12345

its starting to sound better, but then in measure 14 the bass line should go [quarter-2 eighths-quarter-2 eighths], urs goes [quarter-QUARTER-2 eighths-quarter] , throwing it off again. in measure 18 those eighth notes in the treble line should be a pick up in the previous measure.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MasterPenguin

DrP

Bloop

in spin dig... There is a saxophone playing from measure 34. Maybe you can add that notes.