News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

DrP's Submissions - NEW Skyward Sword Added (12/18)

Started by DrP, June 27, 2010, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game is this Orchestral Arrangement from?

Pokémon Black and White
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy S/Galaxy S II (hahah)
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
This isn't from a game

DrP

ill see what I can do. it may become unplayable or i may need another staff/patch for it, and that will just become overkill

MasterPenguin

DrP

it would have been a change of pace a little bit, and that's the part that everyone knows well.

MasterPenguin

There's a lot more going on than a simple change of pace. Your entire counter melody changes. While it's true that the melody is just simply sped up, there is so much more going on, which makes the song sound entirely different. That's why the song doesn't get boring after looping itself - it changes more than enough to keep you interested.

DrP

i know, but I don't want to overstep my bounds and make it completely unplayable because of the speed and the notes i have to put in. i've seen the released sheet music for it, and it aint pretty

Olimar12345

its fine, alright. there's nothing un-playable in my sheet, urs however does have a few rather large chords in the left hand...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

sorry, i didn't see your last post, but i fixed it. i see what you meant, everything was pushed over basically a quarter rest. i input everything by piano into finale (if you read an earlier post, its easier than simple edit in finale), and then I edit it there.

I'm not the best pianist, but it took me about a week to get everything down on the Ending Theme, you need the full 4-fingered chords, but you can play the top two notes if its too hard  :D

DrP

Route 120 is up... another request knocked out!!

DrP

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to all you Americans on the NSM forums!!! Don't overstuff yourself or light yourself on fire trying to light a roman candle!

On a side note, Happy Canada Day you Canadians up north!

SlowPokemon

I worked at my parents' pizza restaurant all day today... nice way to spend independence day lol
Oh, and Route 120...
You have no idea what kind of nostalgia that song brings me. :3 Nice work.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

C'est mon plaisir!

All of my friends are working right now... a great way to spend the 4th of july (luckily for me, the Apple Store doesn't have slave labor)

My next arrangement is Snowpoint City (i know its diamond and pearl, but the rest of ruby and sapphire stuff will come later. im working on requests at the moment (any ruby/sapphire requests you can direct to the requests forum and you can post them here!)

DrP

Snowpoint City is up... just don't kill me for it being the worst clash of noise you've heard (but suggestions are appreciated to make it stellar  :) )

and please, don't spell out the music theory (im nearly a professional, you know)

Cobraroll

Oh, why oh why do all the good stuff happen when I'm away for one little week? Your arrangements sound fantastic, and I'd love to lay them one day. Really great stuff, there. Do you take requests as well?

The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver version of the Dark Cave theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNh25Q5t4xQ

It's a lot higher than the G/S version, so much that the bass goes above the main melody, I think. In other words, you'd have to play the main melody with the left hand.

Also, I see you're a Pokéfan. Check out Emergence! (Yes, I'll say that as often as I get the opportunity)
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 06, 2010, 02:50:23 AMOh, why oh why do all the good stuff happen when I'm away for one little week? Your arrangements sound fantastic, and I'd love to lay them one day. Really great stuff, there. Do you take requests as well?

The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver version of the Dark Cave theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNh25Q5t4xQ

It's a lot higher than the G/S version, so much that the bass goes above the main melody, I think. In other words, you'd have to play the main melody with the left hand.

Also, I see you're a Pokéfan. Check out Emergence! (Yes, I'll say that as often as I get the opportunity)
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?action=post;topic=2192.30;num_replies=43#top

I love it when there's a melody in the left hand! if you go onto my first page, look down at my "up and coming" list. feel free to request (as you did above) but i'm working on a bunch of songs from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (I think you requested one or two). I'll put Dark Cave on the list!

Thanks so much. I hope you love playing my arrangements as I do (cause I wont put them here until I played it myself... correction, I play it straight into finale)

Cobraroll

Hmm... when I click that link you provided, it leads to "reply to this topic".

And yeah, I requested one or two songs from D/P already (most likely one, seeing as D/P has my least favourite music in all the Pokémon games). Anyway, thanks for arranging! As soon as I get my own PC back, I'll have a look at your sheets (as opposed to just listening to the MID), and I'll probably print and play one or two as well.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.