DrP's Submissions - NEW Skyward Sword Added (12/18)

Started by DrP, June 27, 2010, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game is this Orchestral Arrangement from?

Pokémon Black and White
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy S/Galaxy S II (hahah)
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
This isn't from a game

The Deku Trombonist

You can generally fix that by adding a measure on the end and then deleting the measure you just added.

Treeckodude

In Pokewalker, I couldn't help but think that a staccato on the crotchet in the first and second bars might help? If you listen to the song, you'll hear that the second note is much more detached. Just a thought, not hugely necessary.

DrP

what the hell is a crochet??? everyone says it... yet it is not a normal musical term I know?

The Deku Trombonist

It's what everyone outside America calls a quarter note. And just in case you want the rest of them:

Semibreve = Whole Note
Minim = Half Note
Crotchet = Quarter Note
Quaver = Eighth note
Semiquaver = Sixteenth Note

I had the same problem when I first heard people calling something a quarter note lol :P

DrP

ok! well, if you dont mind... could you use American musical terminology when speaking to me... it'll just confuse me a whole lot more... and with about 19710987482901 things on my mind currently, it wouldn't be such a great idea

DrP

I really dont mean to bump this up to the top of submissions, but I have "broke ground" on Project Kronos. It should be done in about a month or so. I am extremely excited about it, too!!!

Any guesses??? Also, I will be putting up a submission in a few days, so stay tuned!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Korados

Ok, concerning Route 3: I think it's better if you take one of the piano halls as Ambience instead of the concert hall, I prefer the Piano Hall 2, because it's "smaller" than Piano Hall 1 and so the sound isn't so far away. What bothers me is that the melody sounds very weak, that might be in cause of the mf dynamic, Finale is only able to attach a dynamic to one staff - as far as I know. ;D Besides that, I think the arrangement is wonderful!

DrP

Yep... i know. The mf is supposed to be for the melody only. it's a finale error. if you want to hear it just fine, just take it out and it would sound much better!

If I can somehow fix it, ill re-upload it

DrP

Project Kronos is up!

It is a Medley from Majora's Mask, using only some of the new Zelda Music!

Korados

Listened to Project Kronos and I have to admit: I'm not convinced right now. The transitions between the songs seems to be pretty abrupt and some of the songs seem to me in the wrong key, or is it just me? I also would to like see use of the pedal, especially in the last song. Further I'd like to see the names of the songs in the score, I didn't recognise some of them, because I didn't play it for a long time.

pumpy_heart

The changes in the songs is pretty abrupt. I understand the logic for different keys, but the transitions could be better.
Also, you have one part written in Ab when it should be Db. You used F#'s instead of the possible Gb.
There is some overlap too. Playing eighth notes on top over whole notes. That could be fixed up pretty easily.
It all can actually. There's a good medley here, just needs some tidying up.

Winter

From playing those songs I can say I enjoy what you did with the Astral observatory chords, but measure 95 and 107 seed odd to me. And I agree with the abruptness :/  that note on 210 is REALLY abrupt too, kinda scared me.

I love it though, Majora's Mask is amazing, this must've taken ages.

DrP

Quote from: pumpy_heart on November 30, 2010, 09:30:23 AMThe changes in the songs is pretty abrupt. I understand the logic for different keys, but the transitions could be better.
Also, you have one part written in Ab when it should be Db. You used F#'s instead of the possible Gb.
There is some overlap too. Playing eighth notes on top over whole notes. That could be fixed up pretty easily.
It all can actually. There's a good medley here, just needs some tidying up.

I know... I can write the thing and put 95% down, but I need an editor (its the same in physical writing)... I figured out the second Clock Town section was in Gb Major, but I was too lazy to re-transpose it...
The overlap could have been avoided, but... ... I place the blame on college. I'm lucky I am releasing something like this now.

They will, however be fixed if I release individual sheets (which I'll probably do to the Music Box House, cause last time I checked, the one on the site sucked)

Quote from: winterkid09 on November 30, 2010, 09:42:39 AMFrom playing those songs I can say I enjoy what you did with the Astral observatory chords, but measure 95 and 107 seed odd to me. And I agree with the abruptness :/  that note on 210 is REALLY abrupt too, kinda scared me.

I love it though, Majora's Mask is amazing, this must've taken ages.

I know... and the transitions aren't my thing. Also, per the note... that was a finale error. It wasn't loud enough without the accent then the accent OVER accents the note... there's no middle ground in finale, which I really hate!

My next project, deemed Project Shadow is in the works and will be much more fine tuned from this one... and not a lot of people will focus on it. I will also be embarking on Project Dual World (a Zelda game with two separate worlds on it) at the same time (keep in mind these are different games!)

Lastly, I really truly meant this to be something to listen to... not necessarily looking for aesthetics. If it were up to me, I would put on stuff for a full concert band/symphony and such, but this place is strictly piano except for compositions, so... whatever!