NinSheetMusic > Help!

NSM Resources

<< < (2/22) > >>

WiiMan96:
This is a really good idea! I'd be willing to help if you want.

With the above guide, of course I know it's a sample, but I think this a point that should be brought up if these tutorials take off. You state in the first step that you need to choose an operating system, but in step 3 you say you must click to open the .exe file. Macs don't run .exe files, so in this case we'd need to write a separate step for Mac users.

Above was an example, but as a possible rule to go by before any tutorial is published it should be tested with other operating systems or versions of Finale for compatibility.

But like I said, I hope this takes off and I'd be more than willing to pitch in. ;D

universe-X:
I'd definitely help with beginner stuff :D

And this brings the topic up of: should there be fingerings on the sheets? It could be LAB (Labeled) FIN (Fingered)

What do you think? This would be a great way for people that don't know whether to do it "this way or that" and I'd be more than happy to do this.

Ruto:

--- Quote from: WiiMan96 on July 16, 2010, 12:22:17 PM ---This is a really good idea! I'd be willing to help if you want.

With the above guide, of course I know it's a sample, but I think this a point that should be brought up if these tutorials take off. You state in the first step that you need to choose an operating system, but in step 3 you say you must click to open the .exe file. Macs don't run .exe files, so in this case we'd need to write a separate step for Mac users.

Above was an example, but as a possible rule to go by before any tutorial is published it should be tested with other operating systems or versions of Finale for compatibility.

But like I said, I hope this takes off and I'd be more than willing to pitch in. ;D

--- End quote ---

Thanks! You should let me know if the Windows instructions differ from Mac's. I actually don't know too much about them  :). I'll be updating the sample guide with some more detail on installing the program. If any issues come up with an existing guide, etc, it should be possible for someone to submit a description of it, and have it added on the guide. I only have Windows and Vista at home for I can only test it for those systems unfortunately.

--- Quote from: universe-X on July 16, 2010, 06:53:22 PM ---I'd definitely help with beginner stuff :D

And this brings the topic up of: should there be fingerings on the sheets? It could be LAB (Labeled) FIN (Fingered)

What do you think? This would be a great way for people that don't know whether to do it "this way or that" and I'd be more than happy to do this.

--- End quote ---

This is really interesting!  There are 1300+ sheets on the website, and while I think it will be hard to it for all of them, maybe you can do it for the "popular" or some requested sheets so you don't have as much work  ;D

universe-X:
Yeah, it will definitely take some time. Especially since I don't think there's a label command in Finale. But fingering, I'm definitely up for.

And I bet you thought it was interesting only because of the made up pictures I made ;P

pumpy_heart:
I'm not good with this sort of stuff, as to designing and making and what not, but I definitely believe it belongs on the site. Maybe put it in the help section? Otherwise, Tutorials kinda sounds misleading as a tab. It would give the impression SlowPokemon mentioned.
Anyways, yes. I approve. Wonder if JaMaHa or a site editor would add it in...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version