News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Shadoninja

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 14, 2012, 06:31:21 PMNintendo needs to start working on their names for new games. Black 2? White 2? When before we had Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum? What was wrong with those kind of names?
Because those games were modified versions of the games that were released. Black/White 2 are sequels.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

the games are something of a mixed bag. I think the biggest issue is that building a team is annoying because you've probably already played BW enough that you've used all the decent mons, and I didn't really care for most of the older mons included.

Also, I completed the Unova Pokedex in BW, and don't feel like doing it again. :P

Overall, it's different but it's largely the same game. The beginning is phenomenal because of the new areas, after the second gym, you're back in the same old unova region, with largely the same Pokemon in each area. It's a step in the right direction, but if you've played the hell out of Black and White (like I have) it'll feel like more of the same.

Keep in mind that those are the complaints. There's a lot that's great about the game. I give it an 8/10.

Honestly though, you already know if you want the game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

My newest sprite fusion, completed. What do you think?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 14, 2012, 07:21:48 PMBecause those games were modified versions of the games that were released. Black/White 2 are sequels.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 15, 2012, 07:06:37 AMOverall, it's different but it's largely the same game. The beginning is phenomenal because of the new areas, after the second gym, you're back in the same old unova region, with largely the same Pokemon in each area. It's a step in the right direction, but if you've played the hell out of Black and White (like I have) it'll feel like more of the same.
???
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

They are sequels, but a lot of the middle game has the old gym leaders back. Of course, after Opelucid, we get new stuff back... but they are true to their name of being sequels.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

Didn't get much of a response on this before so I'll reword it: which version did you buy and why? Was that decision based upon which version of B/W you have?

Really can't decide which to buy right now.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

Well I got both because I always get both games hurr

but it depends on version exclusives really.

November

Quote from: spitllama on October 16, 2012, 12:22:34 PMDidn't get much of a response on this before so I'll reword it: which version did you buy and why? Was that decision based upon which version of B/W you have?

Really can't decide which to buy right now.

I bought White originally, because I a) liked the exclusives much better (Zekrom, Braviary, Reuniclus, etc.), and b) I enjoy the rustic, natural feeling compared to the futuristic Black.
I got White 2, mainly because of the same reasons (with exception of Reshiram, but hey, that's what trading's for!)
In the end, it really doesn't matter which one you get - just pick the one with the version exclusives and the feel you like the most. Also, playing one game or the other doesn't really matter (only thing is that N would have just gotten the legendary you caught back in BW). Of course, Challenge and Assist Key are exclusive, but it doesn't really matter as you would only be able to play with Challenge Key from the beginning if you had a friend with B2.

Anyway, I was incredibly impressed with BW2. I think I enjoyed it far more than BW (with exception of the odd-paced plot and the lower difficulty). All the cities and towns have changed in one way or another for the better, and the new places are great (and the new music is heavenly). And the characters (in particular, Colress) are amazing.

Quoteafter the second gym, you're back in the same old unova region, with largely the same Pokemon in each area
Just as a side note, while there is Nimbassa, Driftveil (with Poke Tournament), Castelia, and Mistralton, the right side of Unova (pre-E4, at least) is all new or majorly updated. Humilau City, Rebirth Mountain (and surrounding areas), Lentimas Town, new routes and caves, and completely revamped Victory Road. Even then, you get access to areas such as Clay's Tunnel post-E4 (granted, I haven't played much of post-game. Iccirus city seemed to be the same, and I haven't seem anything below Castelia yet).

QuoteAlso, I completed the Unova Pokedex in BW, and don't feel like doing it again. 
But... but... you get a badge! :P
Some of them are ridiculous, though. Completely fill your boxes? Meet 1000 people in Join Avenue? Ak.

Nebbles

And yes, oh goodness the new music... it's beyond gorgeous...

spitllama

Thank you November. That helped tremendously.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Taser9090

Quote from: November on October 16, 2012, 02:59:33 PMBut... but... you get a badge! :P
Some of them are ridiculous, though. Completely fill your boxes? Meet 1000 people in Join Avenue? Ak.
I used to trade a lot online and visit houses in the DW, so getting a thousand people would have been a fun objective in the BW days. Also, the game expects you to live in urban areas where you can get passes easily :|

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

SlowPokemon

Opelucid City music is much better in Black.

Really they're the same game. Get whichever one your friends don't have.

Also yes, Colress is the best new character easily.

The elite four and champion were far too easy in my opinion.

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 05:08:09 PMOpelucid City music is much better in Black.

Really they're the same game. Get whichever one your friends don't have.

Also yes, Colress is the best new character easily.

The elite four and champion were far too easy in my opinion.
I know youre talking about Black and White 2, but are they the same songs from Opelucid city that they are in the original games? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqpoJzT6gU). And the elite four were extremely hard for me in Black :|

November

Ah, really? I find that they are both equal - the almost sad tone of OpelucidW is beautiful, and the more upbeat tune of OpelucidB is quite fun. But still, I didn't really like the aesthetics of OB. It was too out-of-place.

Bubbles - Yes, Opelucid's music is the same in BW2 as in BW (with exception of one point of time in BW2).

I found Iris to be very easy this time (Colress was much more difficult, partly because I had no Fighting, Ground, or Fire attacks). Then again, Leech Seed + Burn + Power Split may have had something to do with it.

I (not-so) secretly harbour a vain hope that Colress will reappear in the later games.

SlowPokemon

I feel like they're both very sad and beautiful. I just think the Black version is better (for me personally).

Also that new Pokemon Reorchestrated soundtrack on iTunes is AMAZING. Go spend $10 on it, it'll be some of the best money you spend.