News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

Well, I am transitioning all the power into HG for a main game. I actually want to try out going as Kotone with Chikorita or Totodile, cause i've been using Typhlosion excessively. It's probably going to be Totodile

SlowPokemon

Totodile is a really good choice. It has the best Attack stat of the three starters. Though admittedly it also has the worst Special Attack.

Chikorita is really balanced (which can be good or bad) - it has slightly above-average points for all stats.

Cyndaquil is for those reckless trainers who like all-out power (95% of Pokemon players) but has poor defense. However, its Speed is so high that you don't really need to worry about defense.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 27, 2010, 05:57:19 PMCyndaquil is for those reckless trainers who like all-out power (95% of Pokemon players) but has poor defense. However, its Speed is so high that you don't really need to worry about defense.
That's why it's a top tier Pokemon.

DrP

so you're calling me reckless??? I choose it cause it looks cool (plus i like the type of animal they're derived from... hedgehogs!)... and I like to be reckless sometimes!

If Pokémon have a really great stat, chances are that there is a not-so-great stat, too.

I'll probably go with Chikorita. I haven't used Bayleef in a long time! Then, I could just use either a Vulpix/Growlithe for my fire needs. I'll make a team and get back to you on that!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 27, 2010, 06:02:55 PMThat's why it's a top tier Pokemon.

To be blunt, it's also why I hate it. >.<

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 27, 2010, 06:03:38 PMso you're calling me reckless??? I choose it cause it looks cool (plus i like the type of animal they're derived from... hedgehogs!)... and I like to be reckless sometimes!

If Pokémon have a really great stat, chances are that there is a not-so-great stat, too.

I'll probably go with Chikorita. I haven't used Bayleef in a long time! Then, I could just use either a Vulpix/Growlithe for my fire needs. I'll make a team and get back to you on that!

AAAH! Don't let me talk you into getting Chikorita! Totodile is better! And I meant reckless in a good way! Kind of! Didn't you see me pay Cyndaquil a compliment!? ('-_-)

DrP

I know Totodile is a good Pokémon, but I want a challenge. Plus I want the "water type" in my team to have a good special attack power. I may choose Gyarados in this case (but a normal one that evolves from a magikarp).

Oni-Link

Okay.
I beat the last boss.
Now all I have to do is catch the legendaries and wait for Manaphy to tell me about the Marine Resort.
What SUCKS is I have to get Rayquaza, who has a 39% total recruit rate.
It's going to be hard, but I'll try.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 27, 2010, 06:10:17 PMOkay.
I beat the last boss.
Now all I have to do is catch the legendaries and wait for Manaphy to tell me about the Marine Resort.
What SUCKS is I have to get Rayquaza, who has a 39% total recruit rate.
It's going to be hard, but I'll try.

Weren't you moved by the scene where Grovyle was talking about the sunset? Or was that just me???

I also loved the music at that point.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 27, 2010, 06:12:43 PMWeren't you moved by the scene where Grovyle was talking about the sunset? Or was that just me???

I also loved the music at that point.
You mean Through the Sea of Time?
Yeah, but what made me cry was the first ending.
I never cry.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 27, 2010, 06:14:09 PMYou mean Through the Sea of Time?
Yeah, but what made me cry was the first ending.
I never cry.

Umm, if that's the one where Grovyle talks to your partner on Sharpedo Bluff, when you're still sleeping? When the sun is still coming up? :P

The ending made me cry as well, and although I appreciate things like music with no words, I also rarely cry... That ending was some pretty amazing scriptwriting, I'd say.

The part that was saddest was when the partner was remembering the time after Waterfall Cave when their stomachs started growling. In my opinion...

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 27, 2010, 06:17:59 PMUmm, if that's the one where Grovyle talks to your partner on Sharpedo Bluff, when you're still sleeping? When the sun is still coming up? :P

The ending made me cry as well, and although I appreciate things like music with no words, I also rarely cry... That ending was some pretty amazing scriptwriting, I'd say.

The part that was saddest was when the partner was remembering the time after Waterfall Cave when their stomachs started growling. In my opinion...
Was it sad because they were hungry?  :'(

SlowPokemon

No, of course not! xD I can't tell if that's sarcastic, but it was a sentimental moment!  :'(

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 27, 2010, 06:21:55 PMNo, of course not! xD I can't tell if that's sarcastic, but it was a sentimental moment!  :'(
I was kidding.
Anyway, I got the Marine Resort and such, my Riolu is now Lucario, and my Shinx is no Luxray.
Now I'm trying to recruit the legendaries but they are SO HARD for some reason!

DrP

how do Pokémon that evolve from friendliness evolve in PMD... cause I got a Riolu

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 27, 2010, 10:58:16 PMhow do Pokémon that evolve from friendliness evolve in PMD... cause I got a Riolu
They don't.
If you want to evolve your Hero and Partner, you have to wait until the end of the game.
You also need a Sun Ribbon you can get via jobs.